1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best wireless webcam that can be viewed from ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Hcm17, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hcm17

Hcm17 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have an opinion about the best wireless Internet webcam that I can view from the iPad??
  2. gedansky

gedansky iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Apparently, no. Ecamm was supposed to produce one, and there are several June tech articles about it. But, the actual product is just for MAC, as they determined it was too hard to make it work for the iPad or iPhone OS, which is ridiculous, because there isn't a mac under 6 years old, that doesn't have a camera, and, even a camera for the mini can be had, in higher than VGA res, for under their $149 asking price.

This is going to make some people mad, because the articles promoting it, all say it is for the iPad.

A company called Photofast, has allegedly created a USB tethered solution to be released "later this year" for an ungodly $187.

Common people? We can jailbreak, overclock, add 3rd party apps etc, but not hammer fit a basic webcam? If they can write generic, BT keyboard drivers, they can write a BT webcam driver.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  3. Hcm17

Hcm17 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your response!
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Have you typed webcam into the app store, various options exist for viewing webcams and as far as I know the make/model of the actual webcam is immaterial as long as the signal is being broadcast. So, what are you actually trying to do with the webcam? I'm not certain (I've not investigated though) there is such a thing as a wireless webcam, most webcams send a signal back to a computer or hub of some kind and then broadcast this from there, either openly or securely. Like I say, tell us what you are trying to do and maybe we can help further.

The Archangel