What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to stream to TV wireless

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a fairly new Sony Bravia Internet ready TV and want to stream my IPad wirelessly to it and have the best picture possible. What would be the best way to do this? I am a week old IPad owner and have heard some things about AirPlay, but didn't know if this is the best route to take to accomplish this.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple TV is the way I go, a small box (really small) connects to your tv with an HDMI lead, your iPad then streams to the Apple TV, I use it and get a great picture.

The Archangel

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do some use their iPad to stream....I skip that step, don't I?

animated-smileys-embarrassed-06.gif

OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now of we could just charge our devices wirelessly, it would be a perfect world.

Thanks for the advice. I guess it is onto the crowded Apple store for me today.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Why do some use their iPad to stream....I skip that step, don't I?

Do you?

If you watch Netflix I believe that yes, you can access directly. Along with any other sources that are listed in the Apple TV menu. If, for example, you had a video on your iPad which you wanted to watch on your TV you wouldn't want to stream it again through the Internet, you'd stream from your iPad?

The Archangel

macdonlj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone have wireless ear buds for iPad 2? Which ones would be best for reading while listening to music?

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple TV works flawlessly with a big-screen HDTV. To turn it on in the iPad, flip the screen up with four fingers, drag the bottom to the right until you see what looks like a TV screen with an arrow ( it'll be one of the four circles), select Apple TV and Mirroring on. This is the only part that's tricky the first time you want to use it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add to Pommier's excellent post, check this image out showing what to do after you have done the four finger swipe up (or double press of the home button).......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1371445457.png
    image-1371445457.png
    554.9 KB · Views: 1,291
OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple TV is the way I go, a small box (really small) connects to your tv with an HDMI lead, your iPad then streams to the Apple TV, I use it and get a great picture.

The Archangel

Is this better than Airplayit or AVplayer for quality?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that if a particular app supports AirPlay, use the apps own airplay for best quality, otherwise, use the AirPlay mirroring.

The Archangel

OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that if a particular app supports AirPlay, use the apps own airplay for best quality, otherwise, use the AirPlay mirroring.

The Archangel

With the Mirroring I get a small screen and if I shut that off and switch to Apple TV it shuts off, and I just get the audio. I wonder if this is a result of using an app called Flexplayer and may not be Airplay supported. Which player do you use to play .avi files?

I guess I can live with the smallish screen, but on my 60" it takes up like 40% of the screen.

I think also the problem is when I go into my Apple TV menu where my music and movies are there are no movies listed in the tab.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kostnkost said:
With the Mirroring I get a small screen and if I shut that off and switch to Apple TV it shuts off, and I just get the audio. I wonder if this is a result of using an app called Flexplayer and may not be Airplay supported. Which player do you use to play .avi files?

I guess I can live with the smallish screen, but on my 60" it takes up like 40% of the screen.

I think also the problem is when I go into my Apple TV menu where my music and movies are there are no movies listed in the tab.

If I mirror then I get the whole screen up. In terms of avi, I don't actually have any of these file types on my iPad, hopefully one of our other Apple TV users can advise.

The Archangel

Most reactions