What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to clean screen

marty1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a cloth that came with my glasses on the screen. I use it all over and apply a bit of pressure.

Am I doing it the right way, or could that wear off the oleophobic coating?

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's ok... I clean my screen with wet baby tissue...and it's not only clean it smells good...hehehhehe...

spiritedcharm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the only thing I use to clean my screen and it works beautifully - Toddy Gear

biskitbeetle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a spray what my company sells, its great no smears and cleans any glossy surface. Also use it on my tv and on glass

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
belt sander with 80 grit. :p i keed, i keed!!! :D

i use the microfiber cloth, without any cleaner fluid, that came with my incipio smart feather case.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microfiber cloth and glass cleaner like Griot's. Never paper towels or tissue, they are abrasive. If you wear glasses you learned this already, long ago.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microfiber cloth that came with my glasses. Sometimes I breathe on the screen to and wipe away. Hahaha!

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A 100% Cotton will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

athiaawad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's ok... I clean my screen with wet baby tissue...and it's not only clean it smells good...hehehhehe...
Hi,
Can we use it for cleaning laptop screen?
I have some stains on my new laptop how can i clear them :(

cdf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a pack of Microfiber clothes in the automotive department at Walmart. They work great. It was a pack of 8. Does a great job of keeping the glass front clean. If it has quite a few fingerprints, I will spray a little glass cleaner or eye glass cleaner on the screen while cleaning it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use the little piece of cloth that came with my glasses, it has always worked perfectly.

LeonKaiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has a screen protector, so I just use any soft cotton cloth. Even my shirt gives it a good wipe.

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read some real horror storys about what people use to clean their iPads.

It never fails to amaze me when people spend hundreds of pounds on their iPads and those who spend thousands of pounds on new cars yet use cheap products to keep them clean.

I was in a well known store the other day hearing this woman going ballistic at this poor salesman because her five year old daughter had

cratched her new iPad and wanted the salesman to replace her iPad for a new one as she thought the screen was not scratch proof.

Most reactions

Latest posts