What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best video to ipad converter

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air Video if you have the app already.

If not, use Handbrake, it's by far the best, and it's free, I don't understand why anyone would use something different.

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using my VLC now for a little while and thought I'd report that it hasn't missed a beat. It's nice to watch good quality video on my ipd and phone for a change. At the moment I still have to take the videos off to sync which is a bit annoying. I don't have to convert or put them into itunes which is the best thing. Thanks for all the advice though:)

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Handbreak the best suggestion if you are NOT using a Mac to do your converting? I am using an XP machine. If forget what I am using to convert for my 3G, but it's crapola... :)

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to be able to insert DVD and let it rip to my HD, so I could watch it at another time via Air Video program. Is there a 100% free DVD ripping program?

Thanks friends!

SpaceSpace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for me, I always use Soundtaxi for converting video to my iPad, it is very quick and always work good. You can try it too.

hengheng2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.videoconverter.net
I'm using winavi converter and the quality is rubbish. It didn't matter so much on the iphone but is pretty ordinary on the Ipad. It's annoying enough to make me want to do soimething about it. Someone told me about wondershare. At the risk of repeting a thread (which of course I've not been able to find, what does everyone think is the fastest good quality video converter.

OK. I will keep in mind of winavi. But how to find a good converter for my favorite iPad??:thumbs:

wysiwyg64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 what it's worth...
"DVD Fab All In One" for Windows is a 1 step process. I hear a lot about Handbrake for Mac, but the good news is that DVD Fab is now also available for Mac.
Bad news is it is very, very expensive but will do everything from ripping, burning, pretty much all file formats to any device you choose.
However, there is a way to get the Lifetime license for all the DVD Fab Products for both Pc and/or Mac a heck of a lot cheaper. You still have to pay around $ 50.00 or so but these programs work a treat.
Hope this helps.

chismlbus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wysiwyg64 said:
4 what it's worth...
"DVD Fab All In One" for Windows is a 1 step process. I hear a lot about Handbrake for Mac, but the good news is that DVD Fab is now also available for Mac.
Bad news is it is very, very expensive but will do everything from ripping, burning, pretty much all file formats to any device you choose.
However, there is a way to get the Lifetime license for all the DVD Fab Products for both Pc and/or Mac a heck of a lot cheaper. You still have to pay around $ 50.00 or so but these programs work a treat.
Hope this helps.

Curious if this software will allow a DVD to be copied to iTunes and iPad for watching?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions