What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Video editing App

deniseroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app where I can edit my videos to make them shorter..

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Actually, I would have to say it would be between iMovie and Avid. Avid is more powerfull and allows for more raw manipulation of the video, iMovie is faster and easier (less of a lurning curve) but offers less control.

I would also, if you want something really nice, look into Vimeo. Great website with some very high-quality work and their app is a great asset for getting things uploaded to their site.

But, to answer, I would recommend Avid for pure control over editing, iMovie for ease of use.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should add that I'm not sure that iMovie is the BEST video app for iPad. To know that I feel I would have to test many of them out and do a feature-by-feature comparison, which I have not done and will likely never do. I was just offering something that I know works on the iPad. It also comes on the MACs. It is fun to use and relatively simple compared to the more advance editors I have used on Windows machines.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Actually, iMovie is a nice app. It is there for the masses who want to do videos quick and easy. there is nothing at all wrong with it what-so-ever. It makes it easy to quickly add music, titles, themes and such for the average user.

For those who want more control, something like Avid will be more to their want.

On the PC, I used to use Sony Vegas 10, when I was in Windows. I now use Final Cut Pro X on my Mac. I have even use iMovie on my Mac to throw a bunch of photos together for a montage. Just wanted something quick and dirty and it worked for that. But when I want full control, I use FCPX.

benalmeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=3]Avid brings the power of a prosumer-level desktop editing suite to the iPad. Avid are well known for creating great editing suites on the desktop platform, and they've brought the power of a prosumer editing app to mobile. Simple, elegant, portable. You can make amazing movies, and for the first time you can do it right on your iPad.[/h]
Regard's
Ben Almeer

Last edited by a moderator:

Kasey535

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a side by side comparison of iMOVIE & AVID:
Even though AVID IS NO MORE!! (Unless I am the only goob whom cannot find it!)

If anyone find a movie editing app tht allows for: ZOOMING IN ON THE ENTIRE VIDEO bc I shot sports games & when my kid does an amazing action I'd like to zoom in! If so PLEASE PLEASE HIT ME BACK!!! Paid versions are fine!!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Here is a side by side comparison of iMOVIE & AVID:
Even though AVID IS NO MORE!! (Unless I am the only goob whom cannot find it!)

If anyone find a movie editing app tht allows for: ZOOMING IN ON THE ENTIRE VIDEO bc I shot sports games & when my kid does an amazing action I'd like to zoom in! If so PLEASE PLEASE HIT ME BACK!!! Paid versions are fine!!

Avid is now Pinnacle Studio. It is exactally the same, I have both.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SpectateSwamp said:
This app allows me to randomly select a video and it's details. Playing large font detailing the video then the video.

I don't get how this is to do with the iPad? Am I missing something?

haikumaui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is any of them (iMovie / Avid / Pinnacle) on the app version able to speed up or slow down movies? I think not, too bad that would be very useful. Does anyone knows help? How can Speed up movies on the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts