What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Top 5 Cydia iPad Apps & Tweaks To Install For 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorsedge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Top 5 iPad Apps choices for year 2011

1. Winterboard ( Allows you to change the themes on your iPad and it is the hub for where all your themes are stored when you install them from Cydia).

2. bigU Movies iPad (Allows you to stream or download new full movies in very high quality.) Damn alot of ppl installed this app already!

3. iFile (Allow you to have complete control over your iPad and access root permissions and system file directories.)

4. 3G Unrestrictor (Allows you to trick your iPad into thinking it's on WiFi when really on 3G so you can get HD Youtube videos, use Facetime on 3G and download larger apps and also great for Skype on 3G.)

5. TVOut2 (Allows you to view your iPad and all apps including games on your TV.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

top 5 in no particular order:
1. Internalizer - Because it allows me to leave my contact details on the lockscreen (Incase i get drunk and leave the Ipad somewhere)
2. KillBackground - Becuase my son will leave 20,000 apps open and i can turn them all off at once
3. ManualCorrect Pro. Becuase the auto-correct absolutley sucks and i keep sending mails that have been auto-corrected to complete jibberish
4. Activator. Because i use gestures as shortcuts alot. This may not be the best app option for this so open to suggestions
5. AndroidlockXT. Becuase its make your lockscreen look quite tolerable.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd suggest using Apple's default gestures which can be turned on doing a little editing with iFile.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ladylucky said:
I like Infinidock

Because you never heard of scrollingboard.

I can't help but notice you're the scrollingboard go to person here...can you tell me how to add weather and web snippets like all the previews talk about or was that all theoretical? I've seen he addons in the store but none of them are particularly useful to me though the base program is excellent and I've changed to it.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ladylucky said:
I like Infinidock

Because you never heard of scrollingboard.

I can't help but notice you're the scrollingboard go to person here...can you tell me how to add weather and web snippets like all the previews talk about or was that all theoretical? I've seen he addons in the store but none of them are particularly useful to me though the base program is excellent and I've changed to it.

No weather addo for scrollingboard. Just search for scrollingboard in cydia and you'll find add ons...you might like. Or are you referring to web views/widgets for the springboard? ;)

Last edited:

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, webviews and widgets. I find the included iPod controls the only useful add-on in Cydia.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

reason, cause it makes sense.... infinidock($1.49) - infinifolders($1.49) vs scrollingboard($1.49), those 2 infini tweaks in one 1 tweak + half the price and more functionality, via free add-ons.... thats why yo.

ScrollingBoardSlidersAddon_0446.PNG

try the web browser(enable it after install), its a springboard page.
scrollingboard_addon_iJB.jpg

date and time,
ScrollingBoard-Date-Time-Addon-2934857.jpg

sliders.
images

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, you convinced me to [re]try Scrollingboard... So, I uninstalled InfiniDock (which is the only tweak I had that relates) and put on Scrolling board.

One thing - I don't like the way I can only have 7 icons on the dock showing (in portrait). Plus, they are more "squished" together in portrait mode (with 7 icons on the dock). Both these complaints are when comparing it to InfiniDock. So, that doesn't please me.

HOWEVER.

Scrollingboard must work better with the iPad than InfiniDock, because most of the lag I was experiencing when I rotated the iPad is GONE. When I turn the iPad from landscape to portrait (and back again) - the move is less than a second. It used to take up to 3 seconds when I had InfiniDock loaded. BTW, this is when on the springboard (it never lagged when it was IN an app).

So, I'll live with the number of icons limitations. I like that my iPad is back to the almost instantaneous rotate. I also like having the sound/brightness/iPod controls/lock options on the dock.

Yay for me! :D

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts