What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Top 5 Cydia iPad Apps & Tweaks To Install For 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigU app is fine just don't go messing with peer 2 peer sharing sites.
So why is downloading copyrighted material fine with BigU? And, what is wrong with p2p, as long as its not used to download/upload copyrighted material?

Correct on both points. Obviously, a lot of the posters here are not very sophisticated computer users and don't really understand this stuff. Saying "bigU is fine" is a good example of this.

Just because you bought the bigU app and paid your ripoff $20 lifetime fee does not make it legal to DL bootleg movie rips which is what this app blatantly does.

ipad2noobdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ladylucky said:
My top 5 fav Cydia apps are as follows.

1. FaceTime Surveillance (Great for watching my baby)

2. Mask (Change the shape of my Home Screen icons)

3. bigU Movies (what can I say, i'm a movie girl)

4. Locktopus (I love being able to lock any app I own)

5. Display Recorder (I sometime record my iPad screen and for Youtube videos and this comes in hand)

What is the source code for FaceTime Surveillance cause this app would come in handy for watching after my newborn son.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigU app is fine just don't go messing with peer 2 peer sharing sites.
So why is downloading copyrighted material fine with BigU? And, what is wrong with p2p, as long as its not used to download/upload copyrighted material?

Correct on both points. Obviously, a lot of the posters here are not very sophisticated computer users and don't really understand this stuff. Saying "bigU is fine" is a good example of this.

Just because you bought the bigU app and paid your ripoff $20 lifetime fee does not make it legal to DL bootleg movie rips which is what this app blatantly does.

Post of the day.

Last edited:

ipad2noobdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2master said:
Top 5 iPad Apps choices for year 2011

1. Winterboard ( Allows you to change the themes on your iPad and it is the hub for where all your themes are stored when you install them from Cydia).

2. bigU Movies iPad (Allows you to stream or download new full movies in very high quality.) Damn alot of ppl installed this app already!

3. iFile (Allow you to have complete control over your iPad and access root permissions and system file directories.)

4. 3G Unrestrictor (Allows you to trick your iPad into thinking it's on WiFi when really on 3G so you can get HD Youtube videos, use Facetime on 3G and download larger apps and also great for Skype on 3G.)

5. TVOut2 (Allows you to view your iPad and all apps including games on your TV.)

Thanks for all these wonderful apps i installed them all but what is iFile, how does it work?

blackzio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only one cydia app, and that is Dimmer.
It costs $0.99 and it allows you to darken even more the ipad screen brightness. The default is just blinding to use in the dark, i find this app absolutely necessary.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Important information

Sorry folks, but given the discussion which has transpired so far, the BigU app is no longer to be discussed in this thread or anywhere else on the forum. From this point forward, any members discussing this app will be warned and have their posts moderated as appropriate. Repeat offenders will be dealt with according to our rules.

To explain, the subject of BigU is sufficiently questionable for us to have to put a stop to it's discussion or promotion given our strong stance against piracy on iPadForums.

We don't support or condone piracy here, whether it is apps, music, movies, games, or any other copyrighted media. What you do in private is your own business, but you need to find another forum to discuss these subjects if that's what you want to do. OK?

Before anyone replies to this message and risks compromising themselves, I politely recommend you familiarise yourselves with our rules, which are linked in my sig.

Thanks for your understanding.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I have just downloaded masks as I thought it would be great for what I need.....but all I keep getting is a pop up screen telling me to connect to the Internet to activate masks.....my iPad is connected to the net as I am on here....so why is it still asking me to connect, do I need to do something else, go to a specific website!?!?

skittles101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ladylucky said:
skittles101 said:
Ladylucky said:
My top 5 fav Cydia apps are as follows.

1. FaceTime Surveillance (Great for watching my baby)

2. Mask (Change the shape of my Home Screen icons)

3. bigU Movies (what can I say, i'm a movie girl)

4. Locktopus (I love being able to lock any app I own)

5. Display Recorder (I sometime record my iPad screen and for Youtube videos and this comes in hand)

How do Locktopus work? i didn't see a icon on the springboard.

Locktopus is pretty nice, when you hold down the icons for 3 seconds until they wiggle, you will see a lock badge at rhe bottom left corner of each icon and tap on the badge to turn it red and lock the app.

I see, Locktopus sounds like something I can use.

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its funny how those promoting this movies app have only just joined recently. Stay away from it. It is piracy and youre funding it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
3G Unrestrictor is on Cydia. Just run a search for it.

Or, did you mean that you've upgraded your iPad and now it's not jail broken? Cause that's an entirely different kettle of fish...

Marilyn

skittles101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get so lost in Cydia and never know what to install. Let's keep this thread going and please if everyone can share some good app to install from Cydia.

dropdroid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G Unrestrictor is on Cydia. Just run a search for it.

Or, did you mean that you've upgraded your iPad and now it's not jail broken? Cause that's an entirely different kettle of fish...

Marilyn

I was installed it then suddenly my ipad2 crash..? I'm using 4.3.3 jailed. Pse advice

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions