What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Top 5 Cydia iPad Apps & Tweaks To Install For 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My top 5 are;

1. iProtect
2. SBSettings
3. Folder Enhancer
4. WiFi Booster
5. iFile

I just had to also add PhotoAlbums+ This app is awesome but I believe Apple is adding the ability to create photo albums in IOS 5.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
makavelli said:
yeah I just installed bigU from Cydia too. It's sooo amazing the quality. Definitely one of my top 5 cydia apps now.

I beg to differ.

I downloaded and viewed - green lantern. T3. Kung Fu panda 2. The whole movie is secretly filmed using a handy cam or something in a cinema and then uploaded to megaupload. You can actually see patrons' silhouette moving about about when they stood up.

Good or bad. U be the judge.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
makavelli said:
yeah I just installed bigU from Cydia too. It's sooo amazing the quality. Definitely one of my top 5 cydia apps now.

I beg to differ.

I downloaded and viewed - green lantern. T3. Kung Fu panda 2. The whole movie is secretly filmed using a handy cam or something in a cinema and then uploaded to megaupload. You can actually see patrons' silhouette moving about about when they stood up.

Seriously? That is too funny. Kinda.

sky2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys do you recommend this membership for life? What about the quality and the sound?

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys do you recommend this membership for life? What about the quality and the sound?

Having used it, I will not recommend it to anyone.

Reason stated just a few posts above regarding quality.

If I can turn back time, I will want to save the $19.99 and download whatever movies I want using torrents instead and convert it to mp4 and view on my ipad.

But then I've only downloaded a few of them using BigU and the qualities may not be all dodgy.

It's just my humble opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakcol24 said:
My top 5 are;

1. iProtect
2. SBSettings
3. Folder Enhancer
4. WiFi Booster
5. iFile

I just had to also add PhotoAlbums+ This app is awesome but I believe Apple is adding the ability to create photo albums in IOS 5.

I also wanted to say that RetinaPad should be at the top of the list. This is a must have for every jail broken iPad!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
makavelli said:
The whole movie is secretly filmed using a handy cam or something in a cinema and then uploaded to megaupload. You can actually see patrons' silhouette moving about about when they stood up.

Lol, I noticed the exact same thing on the very first movie I downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So do you think that the clips that they offer as a preview is nothing like what you actually get? The preview clips looked good on my iPad and I would be angry if I had purchased the lifetime access and the movies were bootlegged. I wouldn't want to watch bootlegged movies!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I wouldn't want to watch bootlegged movies!

You better steer clear of this app then because the movies are most definitely bootlegged. The app just redirects you to megaupload to download movie rips. You can go to megaupload and DL rips like these with a simple goggle search, you don't need an iPad app to do that (the app just makes it easier)

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
You better steer clear of this app then because the movies are most definitely bootlegged. The app just redirects you to megaupload to download movie rips. You can go to megaupload and DL rips like these with a simple goggle search, you don't need an iPad app to do that (the app just makes it easier)

Oooooh thanks for letting me know!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some posters crack me up, bigU is absolutely downloading illegal movie rips. I knew that immediately when it redirected me to megaupload and was listing movies that are still in the theater. I could just as easily do the exact same thing by searching megaupload myself or DLing a torrent. You don't need an iPad app to do that.

I don't really care, I have downloaded movie rips for years but I bought this app mistakenly thinking it was a legal alternative after reading posts on this site. I knew something was fishy as soon as I saw it was using megaupload and then the first movie I DLed was clearly stolen by someone sitting in the audience with a camcorder.

My advice to anyone who bought this scam (like I did) is to DL as many movies as you can before the app is shut down because your "lifetime subscription" won't be worth jack after that happens (and it is definitely going to happen sooner or later)

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some posters crack me up, bigU is absolutely downloading illegal movie rips. I knew that immediately when it redirected me to megaupload and was listing movies that are still in the theater. I could just as easily do the exact same thing by searching megaupload myself or DLing a torrent. You don't need an iPad app to do that.

I don't really care, I have downloaded movie rips for years but I bought this app mistakenly thinking it was a legal alternative after reading posts on this site. I knew something was fishy as soon as I saw it was using megaupload and then the first movie I DLed was clearly stolen by someone sitting in the audience with a camcorder.

My advice to anyone who bought this scam (like I did) is to DL as many movies as you can before the app is shut down because your "lifetime subscription" won't be worth jack after that happens (and it is definitely going to happen sooner or later)

My sentiments exactly.

You don't need to pay for all those movies. A simple torrent or mega upload search will do the trick.

$19.99. Ouch. :(

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as the quality of the bigU movies goes, my son and I found last night that the quality of the "still in theater" downloads are pretty mediocre as those are the ones where someone actually sat in the theater and ripped off a copy of the movie with a handheld video recorder (you can actually see patrons walking around in the audience at times)

The DVD movies are MUCH better quality because those are ripped from a DVD by someone using a program like handbrake. These are still illegal bootlegs (if you care) as it is clearly illegal to rip a copy of a DVD movie and then share it with the whole world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts