What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stylus for the New iPad

ifunkb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize you mentioned "quality" in your OP, and that a low price automatically makes consumers think "junk," but I purchased a Targus for $14.95 locally, then got an email from Meritline (a place that usually ships from China, which sometimes takes a week or two) showing what looked like the same exact stylus for $1.99 with free shipping! Well, as usual, it was a long wait, but the stylus works just as well as the $14.99 Targus (which I quickly returned). The $1.99 one works every bit as well as the Targus did (which made me wish I had ordered an extra one for backup while they were on sale - regular price $3.99, free shipping). The only difference is the $1.99 version is a little shorter, which in my case, is more comfortable to use. YMMV.

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Wacom Bamboo stylus and really like it. The combination of this and a bluetooth keypad has significantly improved my productivity on the iPad.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got 3 that I have been using pretty steadily, and I'll list them from my favorite to least:
iFaraday RxII - has the material tip not the rubber one, great feel, doesn't take a lot of pressure for your iPad to react, nice size for my hand
AluPen - rubber tip, heavier and chunkier stylus, I'll switch between this one and the iFaraday
Aponyo - material tip, click style, has a smaller tip than the iFaraday but it seems you have to press harder with this one, it's pretty compact so it's a nice one to travel with, has a heavy duty clip so I can clip it in my purse to have on hand in case I didn't bring my other two

Good luck!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was a major topic of discussion last summer. At the time I purchased about a half dozen different styluses from the Boxwave to the Adonit Jot Pro and several from iFaraday. The iFaraday styluses remain my favorites. Available only on the internet, I believe, at iFaraday.com

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
This was a major topic of discussion last summer. At the time I purchased about a half dozen different styluses from the Boxwave to the Adonit Jot Pro and several from iFaraday. The iFaraday styluses remain my favorites. Available only on the internet, I believe, at iFaraday.com

I apologize to the OP for HI-jacking this thread so I can say:

HOWDY jsh1120, good to see you are still around. Haven't seen you posting in awhile. Glad you can still provide input on the famous Styli debate!

And now, back to the original topic!

Edgy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Möbius Pro Stylus. It feels great to hold and has a pretty small tip.

John Spogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite is a "Gecko" it's about 10cm long, nice and light with a good feel. My wife bought one which is also a ballpoint pen. I find hers just a bit too heavy.

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, literally looked at every stylus mentioned in this thread and read every article posted. I am an average iPad 3 user that doesn't do much hand writing and am 90% left brain so no drawing for me :) I think I am more confused now about a stylus choice then when I started. Lol. Seems like my only possible outcome is to become a stylus junkie in a quest for my oddly generic needs.

Good posts guys/girls
*cheers* here's to becoming a stylus junkie, caving to peer pressure!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, literally looked at every stylus mentioned in this thread and read every article posted. I am an average iPad 3 user that doesn't do much hand writing and am 90% left brain so no drawing for me :) I think I am more confused now about a stylus choice then when I started. Lol. Seems like my only possible outcome is to become a stylus junkie in a quest for my oddly generic needs.

Good posts guys/girls
*cheers* here's to becoming a stylus junkie, caving to peer pressure!

A stylus isn't just for handwriting. I use it just to keep fingerprints off the screen.

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
A stylus isn't just for handwriting. I use it just to keep fingerprints off the screen.

Yea, likewise. However I haven't read any posts about the best stylus for keeping finger prints off either. I have a few in mind but I assume I will be purchasing multiple in search for that "holy grail" of styli.

leenieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good stylus for highlighting

I am relatively inexperienced with a stylus specifically for a tablet. I have a PenGo which has a rubber tip and a brush on the other end - designed more for drawing - and I primarily use it for highlighting. Though it is a rubber tip, it is not very hard, and when pressed agains the tablet screen it tends to flatten making it difficult to prevent the tablet from highlighting multiple lines of text unless I zoom in and am very precise. Though I know it's not possible to have a smaller tip due to the constraints of LCD screen, I am wondering if I should bother purchasing another stylus or if they are all 'soft tipped' like this one. I plan to purchase online and thus far haven't been able to tell from descriptions whether all are 'soft' or if some have a more durable hard tip. If anyone has experience doing a lot of highlighting with a stylus, please help me!

Thanks so much,
Leenie

Most reactions

Latest posts