What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stylus for the New iPad

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a high-quality stylus for my new iPad. I would prefer one that would allow for highlighting text. Does anyone have any recommendations for what you consider the best stylus to be? Thanks in advance.

SouthernDad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use the Targus Executive Stylus & Pen. It really works well. I got mine at Best Buy. It is SKU: 3491098 and it runs about $40

They come in a few colors. Mine is Gunmetal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will definitely check this out. I saw on The Verge website that they rated the Wacom Bamboo Stylus as the top iPad stylus. So, I will check that one out also.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will definitely check this out. I saw on The Verge website that they rated the Wacom Bamboo Stylus as the top iPad stylus. So, I will check that one out also.

The Targus sylus line is great. I have one and it works perfect. I really think as weird as it seems for a stylus that you get what you pay for. My dad ordered an off brand from Amazon for $4 that even had a pen on the other end but the stylus part doesn't work very well.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... never thought about different quality styluses (not sure how to make that plural). I have a cheap one from Amazon that I use all the time for drawing and it works great.

Why would one work better than another?

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really like the Targus line! It's a bit longer than the media devil stylus I have which I really like as well:) I've actually become somewhat addicted to using my stylus now. I keep a few around because the damn cat gets ahold of them and heavens knows where they keep disappearing to:mad:

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HappyPelican said:
I really like the Targus line! It's a bit longer than the media devil stylus I have which I really like as well:) I've actually become somewhat addicted to using my stylus now. I keep a few around because the damn cat gets ahold of them and heavens knows where they keep disappearing to:mad:

Around my house it is the cats that keep disappearing. :innocentface:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While there have been several discussions on what stylus people like, some have been lengthy so it would be a long weeding through, and since I haven't had a look recently, for all we know, some of the ones mentioned on this thread haven't been discussed in previous threads. The basic Targus one is apparently the same as the Griffin and Boxwave ones that look just like it. I have several styli/styluses myself, Targus basic, a knock off of it that was like $8, also a Bamboo and a stylus r us one. I use whichever is near me. I tote one with me just to have, but lately, haven't used them much because my writing use of my iPad varies, but in a while I will probably be doing some PDF annotations, so then I'll use them again. I can't say whether the knockoff is bad because I've used it just a few times and it seemed the same as its twin, and the Bamboo is about the same size and I don't see for me a huge, huge difference. The stylus from Stylus R Us was at my desk at work at my last job, but it's currently MIA-it has a smooth, light touch to it. So I will be using any of the current three others mentioned and I'm fine with it. My use is more when I'm reviewing something that I converted to PDF so that I can highlight and jot my own comments on. I do this at home, and it's been a while. That's pretty much it for me, and the three above noted (besides the MIA one) are all very near the same size; if I were taking heavy duty handwritten notes on a daily basis, I'd want something longer and thicker, but for my use, it's no big deal. When I'm at work seminars, I take my iPad in a BT keyboard case and it looks like a netbook, so I take notes by typing there-much preferred.

Last edited:

danielmramos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion the best stylus is your finger; however, if you must go with a mechanical pointing aid I would suggest one that sticks to the original as closely as possible. Truetip is more of a finger enhancement than a conventional stylus. Besides, Steve thought using a stylus was kind of lame and I certainly understand that point of view.

The stylus for your finger or pen, TrueTip makers of the first patented finger and pen cap stylus for PDAs, hand held devices, touch screens/POS, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android stylus.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danielmramos said:
In my opinion the best stylus is your finger; however, if you must go with a mechanical pointing aid I would suggest one that sticks to the original as closely as possible. Truetip is more of a finger enhancement than a conventional stylus. Besides, Steve thought using a stylus was kind of lame and I certainly understand that point of view.

The stylus for your finger or pen, TrueTip makers of the first patented finger and pen cap stylus for PDAs, hand held devices, touch screens/POS, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android stylus.

I find drawing with my finger to be too imprecise and I am constantly being forced to undo or erase something. A complicated physics game like Arriving is very frustrating with my finger because just fingering out a solution doesn't help if you don't execute it in time.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was using the Targus stylus for quite a while but never liked the fat nib and light feel in my hand. I recently purchased a WacomBamboo stylus and I really like this one. The nib is much smaller and it has much better feel in my hand.

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions

Latest posts