What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best stylus for ipad

emwebb8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just curious. what do you people use the stylus for ?

I use a stylus to take notes for college courses. I have to actually hand write info to commit it to memory, and with apps I can download my professor's power points and write or sketch right on the slides! Saves me tons of time, paper, and ink to not have to print them out or find what I am looking for when studying. I also love to write instead of type when writing creatively for anything so I find I prefer to use my stylus if I can choose.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Cosmonaut stylus. It is a little bigger than most, but that fits my hand better. I like the rubbery feel of it. Mostly what I use it for is to grade papers - I am a teacher who is trying to have a paperless classroom, so when students email me their work, I can annotate it and write their grade on there, just like it was a piece of paper. I also sometimes paint with various apps.

cosmonaut_290_thumbnail_large.jpg

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
................... I have been using the first of five stylus pens that I bought from Amazon 2months ago for £4.50 ie 90p each. It did take 2weeks for them to arrive but then they did come from Hong Kong p and p free.
Admittedly you can't drag them too hard across the iPad's screen ( I have a screen protector applied) or the tip can fall off but is easily refitted................
Dagwood
An update: I'm still using the first of the five I bought approx 5 months ago. I've given three away, lost one and the tip fell off the one I use and I haven't found it yet. I went on to Amazon to reorder from Hong Kong but they appear to have shot up from 90p to £3.99 each! I continued looking and found the same model,well it looks the same, for 60p each p&p free from UK. I've ordered another 5........yes I'm a big spender but what's £3 nowadays ? If they are any good I'll let you know, if they're not you'll still hear from me.
Dagwood

NationalgridTx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use really cheap ones from eBay. In terms of longevity, they are not any worse than the more expensive griffin one I bought. The use ability was no different either.
Ss

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Suggest you do a search. This subject has been treated very extensively, though it could use some updating.

As of now, there are several styluses that have a somewhat smaller tip than others that uses microfiber cloth. The iFarDay is somewhat large tipped, the Lynktech Truglide somewhat smaller.

The Adonit Jot, with its plastic tip is more precise, but has some problems.

There are newer styluses with integrated electronics that offer more options. Could use a few reviews as they are pretty expensive.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Suggest you do a search. This subject has been treated very extensively, though it could use some updating.

As of now, there are several styluses that have a somewhat smaller tip than others that uses microfiber cloth. The iFarDay is somewhat large tipped, the Lynktech Truglide somewhat smaller.

The Adonit Jot, with its plastic tip is more precise, but has some problems.

There are newer styluses with integrated electronics that offer more options. Could use a few reviews as they are pretty expensive.

Thanks for the info about the Lynktech Truglide.

I've been using the iFaraday Rx for about a year and a half and once I started using it, I stopped reading about styluses for a while.

I'm perfectly happy with my stylus, but your post inspired me to conduct a search of reviews of the Lynktech Truglide vs iFaraday, and I just read an IPF Lynktech Truglide thread that might be of interest:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories-ipad-1-2-3/80874-lynktec-stylus-2.html

kawasaki9r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Motorola Xoom 2 Stylus or Spektrum

I am looking for best stylus for ipad. Any idea? Bamboo stylus?

I have used both and I like them both in different situations.

Check out my youtube videos on them if you want.

Spektrum $5 at FiveBelow

Xoom 2 Active Stylus: $15 on eBay

Last edited by a moderator:

jamjar36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used both and I like them both in different situations.

Check out my youtube videos on them if you want.

Spektrum $5 at FiveBelow

Xoom 2 Active Stylus: $15 on eBay

Does the Motorola Xoom 2 stylus work on an ipad?

Last edited by a moderator:

kawasaki9r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the Motorola Xoom 2 stylus work on an ipad?

That is a good question. I don't have an iPad, but other styli that are used on ipads and android tablets and they worked also. I did a quick internet search and someone said the contacted Motorola and they said they have only tested it on the Xoom 2. It works on the original Xoom, so I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work on an iPad, but couldn't say for sure.

jamjar36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one I just received does NOT work. I'm returning it as it is either incompatible or defective.

BTW why are you posting motorola reviews on an ipad forum?

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got this one. Its been little over a month but so far happy with its performance. My only complaint is, its pretty thin. I would have preferred as thick as BIC pens at least.

Occasionally, they sell it for free or 99c. Shipping is about $5 for continental US.

Is this stylus can also be used on iPhones? Just curious. Thanks.

Peteo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New very fine tip Stylus but Adonit

Adonit just launched a new Stylus called Jot Script. It worked with evernote to create the "best" note taking stylus.
The tip is only 1.9mm and it uses bluetooth LE and accelerometer to supposedly make very precise strokes on the iPad.
They call it PixelPoint Technology and heres how they describe it:
[h=3]
Touch screens emit a capacitance signature. Each of the iOS devices has a slightly different capacitance signature coming from their touch screen. When Pixelpoint detects the unique signature of a particular screen, it inverts the signature and sends it back. Just hit the power button and start making.
[/h]It uses a AAA battery and is supposed to last 2 weeks of constant writing..
Its $75, heres the link to their web site http://dev.adonit.net/jot/script

Very interested in this. will be out in a few weeks. going to wait for reviews...

Most reactions

Latest posts