What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best protective case

Lindsay0809

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everyone. So I am in need of a protective case for my air 2. I have 3 kids and I am a clutz I know the main brands survivor, otter box, life proof and such, but I want to know how they work for you. I need it to have a stand that will sit in lap comfortably to web browse and type and to use to watch movies. I am not sold yet on the defender style (big and bulky) so would also be open to some not so huge but still does a good job for the occasional drop. Tell me any opinions, tips and suggestions. Thanks.

SwanseaMick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lindsay,

I have a Targus cover which works well. The iPad clips into a metal surround so back is proteected, and then the screen is protected by a cover, which also acts as a base to allow iPad to sit upright. It also has a 360degree swivel, so iPad can be viewed in portrait or Lanscape mode. The cover has magnets in the edge to trigger the automatic sleep mode of the iPad, and finally has elastic band to keep cover closed.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Tech21 Impact Folio for my iPad air at work. They make an iPad Air 2 case, so just Google Tech21 iPad Air 2. It ain't cheap though ($79), but it'll protect your iPad:

OP
Lindsay0809

Lindsay0809

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I will check both those out. Anyone have the defender or the symmetry by otterbox? How do they work? How is the stand on the defender, I heard they re did design and now the iPad falls easily when put in landscape mode, anyone know if that's true?

sparksd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I will check both those out. Anyone have the defender or the symmetry by otterbox? How do they work? How is the stand on the defender, I heard they re did design and now the iPad falls easily when put in landscape mode, anyone know if that's true?

I have the Defender and I haven't seen any problems with my Air 2 falling in landscape mode. I don't use this case much though because of the significant amount of weight and bulk it adds. But from a protective standpoint it is very good and the screen protector on it is hardly noticeable. I can't fault its quality in the least.

Most reactions