What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best protection and best fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles_cz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought Apple product. So far I am impressed with my new Ipad. I've bought Ipad and decided not to get smart cover from the store yet. I thought I would ask what is best option as far as cover or cover protector combo goes.
I checked Ipad 3 accessories thread but it's hard for newbie like myself to make sense of what is good quality.

I don't mind spending extra few dollar for perfect fit and best protection possible. What is the best out there?

Thanks in advance.. Charles

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh...that is such a hard question to answer.

I like having my iPad minimal in terms of case. That lead me to getting a skin for the back and an Apple Smart Cover for the front. I don't think there is a solution that is lighter in weight than this combination. But the skin on the back only protects against scratches, not drops. The Apple Smart Cover alone doesnt' offer any protection for the back, and in a sense, it is very expensive even if you get the non-leather model.

After the skin started peeling off (in well less than a year's time), I got a Bear Motion case from Amazon. 100% Leather. Heavier, but offers a bit more protection...for front and back. Not sure if the iPad is protected in drop, though. But this case gives you a very nice stand in two positions and is, IMO, much better than the stand you get using a Smart Cover. It has a very wide and strudy base, so it is very stable in the vertical position. And, when typing position, the angle is better - IMO - than the angle you get with the Smart Cover. And the case looks very nice and come with a cloth bag to protect if (which I never use).

I also have a Hard Candy case. This thing offers greater protection than either of the cases listed above. And the good news is I can have the iPad in either of those cases and it + case fit inside this Hard Candy case.

So I have at least three cases for my iPad. Actually, I have a couple other ones and a couple snap on cases for the back.

This case things is a very personal choice. I struggle with it...and there is this waiting game you have to play after a new case comes out.

BTW, my $70 Smart Cover has come unglued around the edges. I need to get some glue to fix it. I didn't last a year. YMMV.

Best.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one can answer your question, because no one has experience with all of the cases on the market. We can only talk about our own personal experiences. With my original iPad, I tried folio styles, messenger bags, and sleeves before going with a hard shell for the back. Rather than let this get into another thread about covers, since we already have several in this section, and another section devoted to accessories, I am going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts