What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best passwords / security app available

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been considering purchasing an app to keep track of the passwords for specific forum I frequent. I'm not look for cheap i'm looking for top end can't live without. Or fact pertaining to don't bother they aren't worth it an why?

As always. Thanks in advance. ThePhotog Jon

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyone seems to swear by 1Password.

I don't use it, but I hear everyone talking about it.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MSecure & 1Password is the way to go. I got mSecure first n wrks great. Then I came across 1Password, better looking thn mSecure. So I use both ;-)

vajeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SplashID works well for me. I use it and sync across platforms - PC, Android Phone, iPad, iPod Touch.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like 1 Password a lot. There are several features that I really like, but here are a few reasons why I decided to use 1Password after trying a few different apps. I opted for 1Password Pro because it's a universal app.

I REALLY like the fact that you have a lot of control over how secure or quick and convenient the passwords are. First, there is a master passcode to open the app. Then once you are in you can set up the information to be accessible once you've entered the app. However if you have some really important information you can Add another layer of protection so that even if someone opened the app their is another layer to get through.

I know, why have to remember or enter more than one password for an app that saves you from remembering passwords. Well in my opinion it's a nice feature because you might have one group, such as forums and places without financial information, and then another group for accounts linked to payment processes. The extra level of protection can be added to just the data worth taking the extra step of precaution.

The app can be linked to dropbox and then you can sync your devices. I use this feature because I always have my phone and sometimes don't have my iPad (althouh it's a rare occasion when the iPad isn't latched on to me.)

Many users seem to like the automatic site log in feature that's included in the browser also. You can backup and restore the app with a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. If you have a Mac, there's a desktop version of the software that will keep things organized and in sync, although I haven't used it and can't give much information in that particular feature.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to sync passwords across multiple devices.

Let's say you save a password on the iPad, would it also show up on a Windows PC?

1Password has something that'll let you access your files via your PC or Mac. I forget how I got it so I can access it via my PC, but I know that you need cloud sync. I've sync'd my 1Password with Dropbox, which creates a secured key file. Inside that file is an html link. Click on it, input your password and off you go, looking through your 1Password files, all via the Internet.

I believe you also get a program for your Mac/PC, but since Internet access works for me...

Of course, there is a LOT more info at the 1Password web site. I set it up so long ago that I forgot all the details. But, I can, and have, been able to access my 1Password wherever/whenever I've been without my iPad.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible to sync passwords across multiple devices.

Let's say you save a password on the iPad, would it also show up on a Windows PC?

1password can be configured to sync through a DropBox account. I have it set up this way and keep my passwords synced across my iMac, iPad, and Droid X. On the iMac (and Windows) it offers additional functions with Safari, Explorer and FireFox, using a plugin to auto-login to your websites. Instead of remember a dozen passwords, you can just memorize your 1Password password. It is real handy for those site you seldom visit and can't remember what you did. It's also a secure cross device syncing storehouse of all you other sensitive information.

It's not a cheap solution. You'll have to pay for each app individually, and the computer version will cost you almost $40.00. Still one of the better purchases I've ever made.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I saw this could be downloaded from the Apple Store? Is it pretty intuitive to use? My friend had one that wasn't the most user friendly..

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roboform is my one stop solution. It crosses all platforms and no messy syncing with Dropbox. There is an app for every platform and they all sync with each other. I think I paid $9.99 for a year. I really like that I can get to my passwords no matter where I am in the world on any computer or phone. I don't see that in many other products.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think I saw this could be downloaded from the Apple Store? Is it pretty intuitive to use? My friend had one that wasn't the most user friendly..

Intuitive? Well, not really. It isn't overly difficult but it does take a little playing around with to figure out where you are going to store things. There are simply too many options for it to be intuitive.

They have a brief tutorial you can look at to get an idea of how it works. Though it's pretty sparse.

1Password for iPad

Last edited:

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you...I've been looking at it for quite awhile but have failed to pulled the trigger...

I just signed up with Dropbox and am now thinking about doing the 1Password leap...Here are a couple of questions I was hoping to have answered before I take the leap:
1. For it to sync with my PC, iPad and iPhone, I need to purchase the 1Password app for each correct?
2. Then I have to use the agilekeychain if I'm correct?
3. I know it was mainly meant to be used with Apple products, will my PC mess things up with syncing compatibility?

Thank you in advance for my newbie questions...

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading an earlier thread on this very topic, I bought 1Password and have been exremely pleased with it. :D

Reaction score
You need to buy versions for iPad, iPhone and Desktop PC. However, the universal 1Password app currently sells for the same price as the iPad only version, so you might just get that one.

Just bought the 1Password Pro, but I am not very impressed. The app does not work with the Safari browser, instead the developers build their 'own amazing browser' which conveniently crashes as soon as I let it enter the credentials. Very safe indeed, this way no one can use my account :(

Last edited:

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I pulled the trigger and got the 1Password for my PC and iPad...So far so GREAT!!! and I got it to 'sync' LOVE IT!!!!

hmmmm...the question now is, "Should I pony up more $$ to add it to my iPhone??"

Most reactions

Latest posts