Best notetaker apps?

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by Beachgirl, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Djdan

Djdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    A vote for Notability. Over a year of use and still trucking'!

2. genius_uk

genius_uk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I like note plus very good app abit pricey but well worth it you are able to send your notes to dropbox for safe keeping which is handy if you are writing a lot down worth looking at on the app store

3. sansnom

sansnom
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I don't know those apps as well, but I've found Notability to be quite excellent. It's pretty intuitive and it's currently on sale at $0.99 so it's worth a shot. Pretty low opportunity cost to try and I've found it handy for taking multimodal notes.

4. Beachgirl

Beachgirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Diane

I got the noteshelf and I like it so far, I could not work on it much as I did not have the pen, I will get the Adonit Jot stylus today, I'm getting the red, LOL, will update you later on but I'm so excited on this

5. Kenstephens

Kenstephens
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Have you seen Notes Plus? I Dl'ed it yesterday and straight away used it to takes notes for a teleconference. Happy as a clam I am! It works really really well.

6. this man

this man
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I've been trying Notablity and Notes Plus on my iPad 2. At this stage I prefer Notability although I'll still see if I can get used to Notes Plus.

I find the handwriting to text conversion in Notes Plus to be too unreliable although I'm guessing that could be because of the bad writing I have with my Targus stylus pen. When I first installed Notes Plus it seemed really slow to load pages. But when I restarted my iPad it seemed to speed up noticeably. Maybe that's because i had less running in the background?

I prefer Notability for its UI. It's not as good as Notes Plus with grabbing things from web pages but I did just download Skitch for the iPad so I'll give that a try. I'm used to using Skitch on my MacBook Pro. I find I get slightly put off by having to swipe all the time in Notes Plus to get to things. But it's early days yet so it's not impossible I'll change my mind in a few weeks or so.

I don't plan to make long hand written essays on my iPad. I expect to use my stylus pen just for short notes for my university studies and in my business. Until now I've been using GoodReader but its lack of a global search function made me want to change.

7. this man

this man
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    After having more of a play with Notes Plus I'm finding it a bit more reliable with handwriting to text conversion. I think think I've been guilty of pressing down too hard with my stylus pen.

I have noticed Notability seems to create big file sizes with hand written text when they are more than a few pages. This seems to slow it down. When I have time I'll have to see if this is a problem in Notes Plus. Has anybody noticed anything with this issue?

8. valinrace

valinrace
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would highly suggest Microsofts Onenote too. :) Try downloading that App it is really helpful.

9. Abraham Morrissette

Abraham Morrissette
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would like to vote for Noteshelf and Microsoft's Onenote as best stylus pen as per my interest.

10. drnhlau

drnhlau
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not so far, it's a wonderful app