1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best Notes App - Engineering/Math?

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by CC268, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CC268

CC268 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am currently a Mechanical Engineering major and would like to start taking some math notes/engineering notes on my iPad...however I need something that I can write very small on and fit a lot of writing on a single page (I have an Adonit Jot Pro stylus). I won't be doing any typed notes (at least not much) so I am really focused on trying to find something that is great for hand writing.

Also do you guys have any recommendations for a good "white board" app that I can easily do problems on and then erase (keep in mind I need to be able to write small as most my homework problems are quite lengthy).

I am actually not a big fan of apple, and have recently thought about going to an Android (that is ,my area of expertise I guess you could say), but I want to give the iPad a try.
  2. Nostrebluc

Nostrebluc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Notability, noteshelf, penultimate are great apps for handwriting. Noteshelf and penultimate have the most natural ink and Noteshelf has a Zoom feature where you can write big in a box but appear to be small on the original paper, notability also has this, but I'm not sure about penultimate.

They all cost a dollar except Noteshelf which is $5, but I think the best (for handwriting) is Noteshelf, IMO.

Hope this helped :)
  3. NickyD

NickyD iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nostrebluc is spot on. Notability is pretty good, noteshelf too. If you want typed notes I suggest Daedalus touch and Evernote (free) or Pages