What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best note taking app for middle school

libby48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are introducing ipads to our middle school students in the fall. We'd like them to all have the same app for note taking. The ideal app would have the following features: import pdf, pen/highlighter,
moveable textboxes,record/audio,dropbox, separate subject notebooks, calculator, handwriting magnification/recognition, graph paper, math symbols, proofreading marks, internet, easy export.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much!

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are introducing ipads to our middle school students in the fall. We'd like them to all have the same app for note taking. The ideal app would have the following features: import pdf, pen/highlighter,
moveable textboxes,record/audio,dropbox, separate subject notebooks, calculator, handwriting magnification/recognition, graph paper, math symbols, proofreading marks, internet, easy export.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much!

I don't know what the answer to your question is. But I would suggest going Youtube and typing in something like "iPad note taking app reviews". I've done this for the apps that I've wanted and found these reviews to be very useful. Most of them are done by average people as opposed to a "professional reviewer".

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Give Evernote a shot. You can install it on all your mobile devices and every computer, and they all sync over the Internet. I actually use it for work too.

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter has the Ipad at school right now or I would answer your question. She is in 7th grade and has Tom Sawyer in Ibook format and uses a post it note app that is really cool. The teachers like it and it is easy for my daughter to use. With her app you can type on it, write on it and print a summary of all the page numbers the sticky notes are posted to with page numbers, and comments. It is pretty slick.

When I get home and pry the Ipad away from my daughter I will post up which app she uses and find out if others in the class use the same.

Parker

Most reactions

Latest posts