Best note taking app for iPad

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by mach5k, Apr 19, 2010.

1. PreVoiD

PreVoiD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am in medical school as well! May I ask what your focus is, and what you'll work with after graduating? :) I bought an app called “iAnnotade PDF“ which does cost a few bucks, but is THE best app for the exact thing you are asking for. I use this app every day in class for taking notes, highlining, underlining, and striking out unnecessary parts of the current lecture. I must say it is an AWESOME experience using iAnnotate PDF!

It even has a built in web browser which you can use to download pdf files directly from the internet! In my case, our university has all the current and up to date pdf files which are used in class, available on the internet. I simply use the built in web browser to download them all to the iAnnotate PDF app, and then I'm all set!

Check it out and tell me what you think about it! :)

2. lloydnbaylis

lloydnbaylis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hello all

duh... im having trouble editing and updating existing notes on my iphone and ipad. if i call up a particular note and double tap the body text i get nothing., no cursor, no prompt, no nothing. probably doing something daft - not the first time

3. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Try closing the app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know how you go and if that has fixed it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4. sanjmeh

sanjmeh
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    Can you annotate PDF files and save them and then send them to anyone else? How much is this iAnnotate PDF app for? Is it being used extensively by your peers or just you? Any other major function or just annotation?

Thanks

5. dvdiva

dvdiva
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I tried out several note-taking apps, and decided that Daedalus was the best for me. It has the cleanest, simplest interface, and because of that it performs fast. Very few buttons and features -- very elegant.

6. Tuttle

Tuttle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Well, Goodreader isn't a note taking app, though it is good for annotating pdf's. Try Note Taker HD!

7. Pizzag

Pizzag
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Learned much from this thread, thanks!

8. Johnsantos11

Johnsantos11
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello! I hope I can get help from you guys with the problem I'm currently facing. Today I recently purchased my new iPad. I'm going to use for school(currently in college) and would like to know which note taking app would suit me best. I'm in a middle of a dilemma. I have a couple of classes that uses PowerPoint presentation and the PowerPoint are available for us students to download and some classes that doesn't. Is there an app available that can both do the following things:
    1. Download and use the powerpoints and maybe highlight, cross out info that are not needed and add important notes on the powerpoints at the same time using a stylus.
    2. Use the app in my math class(calculus) where I can have a blank page to copy and solve math problems using a stylus.

What are your toughts on penultimate and notability?

Do any of you know if either has the ability to do single page custom paper? Say having p.1 a blank paper and then p.2 lined paper?

Please help and thanks!

#518 Johnsantos11, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  9. Lynnessa

Lynnessa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello I too

ME TOO! I am looking for an app for taking notes here are the things I need the app to do
    Import voice recordings and photos
    Allow me to take notes on a power point presentations ( Import presentation and highlight or add notes or drawings to it)
    Draw pictures
    have a bulleted list and allow me to zoom in/out of the notes so I can see whole page. Any suggestions??? :)

10. amyshelly

amyshelly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    To-do (Today&Tomorrow) is a simple and practical task manager. It allows you to add your intraday schedule and that of the following day.
    With elegant design and great features such as easy-to-use interface, customizable theme color/fonts, desktop icon countdown, and user password protection, To-do will surely be your irreplaceable personal assistant!