Best note taking app for iPad

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by mach5k, Apr 19, 2010.

1. toku3211

toku3211
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone I recently started using my iPad to take notes on during lecture. I am currently using iannotate and it's pretty good for almost everything I want to do. Since all my lecture notes are PDFs online they are very easy to incorporate into the app and to work with. There is one thing I wish I could do that I have not found any way to accomplish yet. Does anyone know of a way to run a video player on half the screen, so I could play back my lectures, and keep iannotate (or any other note taking app) on the other half. Ultimately what I wish to do is to go back and fill in any information I may have missed in class.

2. Rzepkanut

Rzepkanut
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Note Taker HD does it all.

3. Yarrenbool

Yarrenbool
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yep, Note Taker HD does do it all!

And a lot more! A LOT more!

I've just recently bought it and am very impressed.

Two things:
    A very steep learning curve because it is so powerful.
    and
    I'd like to see better EverNote integration.

4. CameronD

CameronD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How does the stylus work? Does it plug into the pad? I am a sales rep and would like to be able to write orders on it.

On another note, how do you turn off the darn auto spell?

5. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Settings/General/Keyboard.

6. Peteo

Peteo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  7. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the link, maybe next time they will give us their impression of the Alupen. Let us know how the Jot Pro works out for you.

8. RDEngineer

RDEngineer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hey peeps. This is my first real post to this site, so I hope I am posting in the correct place.

I really just want a basic note taking app for meeting notes. I am an R&D Engineer and I am constantly in meetings taking notes. I need to be able to take quick notes on the fly about multiple subjects. The things I am really looking for are the following:

1- Don't need handwriting. I prefer to use my bluetooth keyboard in meetings.
    2- Need to have good organization for notes. I really like the basic search function in the Note app that Apple provides with the iPad for it's search function.
    3- I want to have basic formatting for my notes such as Bold, Underline, Numbering, etc...
    4- PDF and email functionality

I think the perfect app would be the Notes App that comes with the iPad if only it included basic functionality such as formatting, indenting, and numbering.

Has anyone come across something like this?

For reference, I tried an app called "NoteKata" that came pretty close, but you couldn't do a search for notes. They were put into "folders," but you couldn't search for specific dates or note titles. Also, you can only select a few text sizes.

I also tried "trunk notes." It was pretty cool for it's search functionality, but I got tired taking notes in Markdown syntax because bullets and numbering has issues. It was also pretty cool that it supported basic tables, but it always was hard to format them properly.

I guess I am just torn because I really don't need anything really fancy, but the basic note taking apps just don't quite cut it. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Brad

9. hellokonichiwa

hellokonichiwa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi! So awhile ago I downloaded a really cool note taking app for free, and it let me look at other users shared notes. And it had examples of notes you can do and one was music to buy. I am fairly certain it was on my ipad but it could have been on the phone. The problem is it somehow got deleted and I cannot remember the name. I have looked through sooo many apps on the store. Does any one have any clue what this app is?????

10. flashcucumber

flashcucumber
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Note taking with pictures

Hi

We take lots of notes when checking tenants out of flats and One Note seems to work pretty well and syncs well with the PC but often with a lot of pictures the APP slows down a lot.

Did anyone find the best solution?