What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best msn client that doesn't require me to leave current app to reply

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there

I was wondering if there's a msn client that I can reply to messages to without having to leave the current application im in?

Thanks and I hope I don't sound like too much of a noob. This is my second day with my lovely iPad and I love it :)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is. I don't even think there is a jailbreak app for that. There are jailbreak SMS apps for the iPhone that do that but none that I know of for msn.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven´t seen a msn client with that feature, but then I have not tried em all.

The coming "Mutlitasking" In 4.2 Is something for u or the existing "Backgrounder", the second option requires a jailbroken iPad.

Both features allowes u to have 1 or more apps open/active at the same time, that leads to that u can switch/jump between your apps without closing them and maybe rewrite or redo stuff In the app u where In.

Just like the iPod function, start the music and leave the iPodapp and the music Is still on and u can work/play with another app at the same time.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switching back and forth is ok but not the same as a popup that lets you fire off a quick reply. My iPhone 4 does of course multitask. And it is jailbroken with backgrounder installed for better control of multitasking. But ithat in no way can make up for the convenience of BiteSMS which pops up a window when I get a text in which I can reply right there. That type of functionality would be even nicer on the iPad due to its larger screen.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
stormrage.bol.ucla.edu
Probably you can try the app i made: Side by Side. It split the screen into up to 4 parts, and in each part you can browse webs, read files or write notes. So you can open a web based msn client in one window and do other things in the mean time. The web based msn are available at http://mim.live.com (official site) or http://www.meebo.com (multi-im integrated)

By the way it allows you to resize the windows or expand one window to cover another. So you can make the msn window very small or temporarily hidden.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well pretty old post but think might be useful,when using safari you can use messengerfx site to log into multiple protocols and chat while browsing the web,kind of meebo online version.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is no pop up reply api in the operating system. So unless someone develops one as a jailbreak system app its not gonna happen ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts