What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best MP4 player

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Cine X for avi; I can convert mov and mp4 to avi using Pazera converters.

However,

is there a player that will play mov and mp4 videos?

Thanks

BobMcFish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you say that but...

The one that comes with the iPad ;) you don't have to convert anything

I came to this forum looking for an MP4 player because when I download an MP4 file from a website Safari, asks me which app I want to use to open it. This implies that there is not a standard app for doing this otherwise it should 'just do it'
So, the built-in Video player won't open it because it is not one of the options offered by the OS when I click the Open With button. When I click the Open With button, the options offered are
Open with Evernote or Dropbox
I am also offered the option to open in VLC but that app is rubbish on the iPad. It opens and then does nothing, hence I want another app to play the MP4 file I have downloaded. For reasons best know to Apple, I can't just open the MP4 file using iTunes as I can on my Mac. I can't even open M3 files from Safari. Can't understand why they have done this and it is the type of thing which prevents potential switchers from switching I.E. Apple have created a brilliant device and then crippled it by limiting its functionality

Most reactions

Latest posts