What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best media player for iPad 2

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favourite is AVPlayerHD, it sounds good and its the only one I have found that lets you organise your movies in folders - try it

Michael

Thanks for your useful post

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds great, all those players. But how do you synchronize movies from your PC to the iPad than?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
In iTunes with the iPad connected, go to the App tap, scroll down to App Share and then select the video player and Add the movies.

Great, I did not know that was possible! But what about the quality of the movie, since it is not the format for the iPad, can movies be played smoothly? Audio is good too?

I will try it tomorrow. : )

dwd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if you're not into storing the actual movies onto the ipad and don't want to deal with converting and all that. i would suggest Air Video. It streams your vids off your PC wirelessly. As well it converts the format on the fly. Loading/buffering time is minimal, and found it much faster than VLC Player.

For me, I find it the most convenient since I'm at home watching movies most of the time anyway so I don't need to sync movies onto it. I did find Air Video didn't support converting of all video formats though. But it is the best tradeoff since it is fast and convenient. I noticed VLC supports a tad more but is slower. Itunes native is certain the most draconian and demands you use something like handbrake.

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
miguels said:
My favourite is AVPlayerHD, it sounds good and its the only one I have found that lets you organise your movies in folders - try it

Michael

BUZZ player also has folders, I have both.

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Great, I did not know that was possible! But what about the quality of the movie, since it is not the format for the iPad, can movies be played smoothly? Audio is good too?

I will try it tomorrow. : )

Both AV &Buzz played 1080p clips from my dslr (very high bandwidth) without any problems.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the latest version of Buzz Player HD. Plays many formats locally and streams from NAS devices - one of the reasons I tried it out. Plays back my MKV files flawlessly on the iPad 2. After trying a few, it is the one video player I have stuck with as it is so easy to work with imho.

glamachic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
issues with buzz player

hi all,
am i doing something wrong here?

i have downloaded the buzz app media player.

i have synced it and uploaded vids and i can see them in my apps on itunes on my pc in the folders i have created..
i click on create folder down the bottom, then a popup comes up and i type in the name of the folder and i hit save, and its no where to be found...hmmmm
but then when i plug it in and itunes loads on my pc...i go to apps and then the buzz player and the folder i created is there!!!
grrrrrrrrrr
is there a more user friendly media player? this doesnt seem to be working for me

but looking at the actual ipad2 under folders there is nothing there...all it says is "documents" what am i doing wrong here? why cant i see my folders that i have created..helppppppppppppppp

Most reactions