1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best iPad case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Akiake, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Akiake

Akiake iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had my iPad for a while now, and I got this really epic case. It's a Targus case, very thick, and you can position the iPad on it for viewing hands-free. I think you should try it out. It's $55 though >_>
  2. SBHOKC

SBHOKC iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Um, ok....
  3. zenilshrof

zenilshrof iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are most liked stands

Element Case Joule
    Quircky Cradle iPad Lap Desk
    Groovy Stand
    Clam Case
    Thought Out Stabile
    WedgePad
    Brenthavens Enclave 5-in-1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Which do you mean? I have the Truss. It's pretty thick, but it does convert to a stand. Only allows landscape mode in the stand, but no big deal to me. It's a nice case. I do like the protection it offers.
  5. billinaz

billinaz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a case with a built in keyboard.
  6. Digitel

Digitel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Is it good? I'm going to buy one....... if sooooooooooo
  7. kc2ped

kc2ped iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have the ZAGGmate with keyboard and love it
  8. Formjeff

Formjeff iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know of a clamshell type case that will hold an Apple Bluetooth keyboard & an iPad?
  9. kc2ped

kc2ped iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    it is in two parts but I would call the ZAGGmate a clamshell and it works great with the iPad
  10. Formjeff

Formjeff iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking something more along the lines of a case that you could snap in the iPad on top, and the Apple BT keyboard on the bottom mimicking a ZAGGmate or Clamcase. The only reason is that I have had the keyboard for quite awhile and it is awesome, a case like that would pull it all together. That is if it existed.....
  11. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I have the Truss case alsl. The black leather exterior with blue suede like protective msterial on the inside. Case does irs job very well. Plus u can take the ipad out very easily if u wish. I also have the official apple case. Had it b4 the truss. It works well but i felt i needed a little more protection. The very first case i got was a gel case that only covers the back and makes ipad easier to grip but still leaves the front glass exposed.
    I vow to not spend anymore $$ on a case..lol the next case, if i were to get another, is that Zaggmate with the built in bluetooth keyboard. It is a very nice case and offers heavy duty protection. Then the built in BT keyboard is a plus. Ive read so many great reviews on it. Definitely worth getting ;-)
  12. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Oddly enough, someone with a similar low post-count has been promoting something just like you describe. It doesn't - and likely will never - exist, but someone had the same idea.
  13. Formjeff

Formjeff iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Huh. I didn't know that post-count had anything to do with anything. Anyway, why would this never exist? I would guess many people have both an iPad as well as the Apple BT keyboard? I'm not trying to promote anything just looking for a nice solution that's all....
  14. HiLandR

HiLandR iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have the Sena Snap version. It allows me to put credit cards and business cards in the left side. Here is a pic from their site.

[​IMG]
  15. ipadhawk

ipadhawk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best case ever Aidata ISP002WG Model ISP002 SpinStand

i just bought a Aidata ISP002WG Model ISP002 SpinStand on amazon the price was little more than i wanted to spend 49.95, but when i got it it was well worth it ,it comes in alot of colors i bought the white and greyish black , its pretty cool but the features on it is alot of fun

ive compared it to the griffin standle , the aidata ispin is 10 times better

its a multifunctional , its a protective shells case that has a seperate spin pc that you can attach to your ishell that will turn into a carrying case and also allow you to hang it , this pc that you add to the shell will also allow you to turn it into a stand with many angles hands down best stand/case/protective shell / carrying case ,

the aidata ispin its just so unique , urban

i added the instructions , so if i didnt explain it so well you can see all the functions for yourself
    thanks for warm welcome
    ipadhawk

i recommend this over the standle , outterbox etc.

Attached Files:

16. MsAmandaLove

MsAmandaLove iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got this cute pink case off of amazon last week that acts as a stand and snaps shut and looks like a wallet.
    And to add its pretty lite and doesn't add weight like my red dust jacket one does.

Attached Files:

17. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Early on whilst researching leather folios for iPad, I did consider the Sena - even had the chance to hold and examine one in an Apple store.

In the end, though, I bit the bullet and spent the extra on an Oberon Design case - Leather iPad covers. Not only are these cases handmade to order, I haven't found another vendor offering this quality of leather toolwork and design.
  18. Kevin1963

Kevin1963 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an Oberon iPad case also. I ordered it as soon as I got home from getting my iPad. I was familiar with their products since I have several of them. I started ordering from Oberon when I got my Kindle. They are expensive products, but I believe they protect my Kindle and iPad and iPod and they look great. I haven't seen anything else on the market like them. I highly recommend them.

Kevin Sent from my iPad using iPF
  19. USBill

USBill iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you want. It sounds like you'd end up with something that was twice as heavy as an iPad, with a keyboard attached to it that was wider on both sides. At that point I think most folks would just give up and carry a netbook or MacBook Air.
  20. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sometimes, I think my Oberon cover attracts as much attention as the iPad itself. Even though they handmake all their leather covers to order, Oberon has developed a very efficient process where each item can be made and shipped within 2-3 business days (as opposed to some vendors who take weeks to fulfil each order.)