What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad browser

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use the supplied safari however I am curios if there are better browsers and if so . Why? I have heard that Atomic is good.
Thanks in advance

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason a lot of people (including me!) like the Atomic browser is because it allows you to change what is called the user agent. In English, that means is that you can make it appear to other websites that you are using a different browser such as the other versions of Safari (such as the mobile version, iPhone/iPod version, the iPad version or the desktop version), Firefox or Internet Explorer6, 7, or 8.

Personally, I used the Safari iPad version and can open up 99.9% of all websites I visit.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Atomic for the private mode, ad-blocker, and the user agent change thing like 1991-C4 said. But in reality, I use Safari at least 90% of the time.

Think hard before you spend money on an alternative browser.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Atomic.... But the reason it's not my primary is it refuses to bring up the keyboard on some web pages. Such as posting on this forum or on the FB status bar. Most of the time I'm back on o'll Safari.... As was mentioned before it opens the real site not the mobile version. An option I really want to see added to Safari.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Atomic.... But the reason it's not my primary is it refuses to bring up the keyboard on some web pages

click on the box in the top right of the comments box it has 2 AA in it then it will allow you to type.

i use atomic a lot only downside for me is the inability to air print.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I use Atomic when I need to force Desktop view rather than Mobile view for some websites. Not an iPad issue, but rather a coding issue of the websites themselves. Generally have this on some older sites when mobile browsing was just coming into its own. Not a huge issue, and I stay in Safari 99.9% of the time.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm anticipating getting an iPad for Christmas and would like to explore what the OP is asking.

I google'd browsers and PERFECT came up as a top browser. I'd add a link but my post count is too low.

Any experience with that browser? If so, what are the pros/cons over Atomic.

**I'm new to the forum so take it easy on me!**

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Atomic and I'm surprised nobody mentioned the tabs. To me that's a big benefit over Safari.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The customised gestures and icon shortcuts are excellent in Atomic as well.

hapishap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus all the other config stuff you can do with Atomic... full screen viewing, save page for off line viewing, auto open in new tap, increase font size, save the font size for the site (next time you go to that site the font is automatically set to what you choose), lock rotation (from with in the program - that alone with all the complaints about the rotation switch is worth the price of admission) , etc, etc. Safari doesn't hold a candle to this program for web browsing.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plus all the other config stuff you can do with Atomic... full screen viewing, save page for off line viewing, auto open in new tap, increase font size, save the font size for the site (next time you go to that site the font is automatically set to what you choose), lock rotation (from with in the program - that alone with all the complaints about the rotation switch is worth the price of admission) , etc, etc. Safari doesn't hold a candle to this program for web browsing.

Completely agree.

Most reactions

Latest posts