What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best HP eprinter

Rondmartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to print wirelessly from my iPad what is best HP eprinter to buy for this? Would prefer one that would allow me to print in B&W only.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP Envy 100....works great....can print from iPad and iPhone...also connects wirelessly to all computers (even the PS3) on the network....its in the living room and only plugged into the wall.

@ThePhotog: If noone has replied its because it has been discussed numerous times and a quick search would have come up with a few results/

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See iPad on apple web site it lists all the HP printer that work with AirPrint follow the links

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - the latest version of the iPad OS iOS 4.2 supports in-app printing for using a propriety printing protocol called AirPrint. At present, there are only a few printers that are AirPrint compatible and, as the last respondant remarked, they are listed on the Apple website.

Apple - iPad - AirPrint

However, if you have another, non-AirPrint printer, then there are third party apps - such as PrintCentral - that can 'convert' the AirPrint protocol into a format that's understood by most any printer.

You should be aware that only some apps support in-app printing - printing capability is provided on an app-by-app basis. So, for example, Apples iPad iWorks suite of apps - 'Pages', 'Numbers' and 'Keynote' support in-app printing but the iPad's native calendar app does not. So, if you want to print out something specific, best check out whether the relevant app supports printing under iOS 4.2.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts