What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best hotmail app?

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

When I had my iPhone I had mbox mail. However, it's £6 on iPad.

I got an @live.co.uk email address.

What's the best iPad app for this?

Thanks, Darren

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darren ~ I moved your thread to the App Section. But you do have more than one re this topic ~ We do have a search button up top and you can also cruise around the App Section.!

Glad you are here!

OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet poison, I have only submitted one on this topic?

Darren

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use hotmail with the mail app inside the Ipad

Just create a new account in other section and enter then info

OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent..... Also if any1 has 2 mins could they look at my question in iPad 2 section.

Darren

Sent from my iPad using iPF

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use hotmail with the mail app inside the Ipad

Just create a new account in other section and enter then info

I found that deleting the mail had to be done both at the hotmail site and in the iPad. If there is a cure for this, please pass it on.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darrenwis said:
Hi guys,

Thanks, Darren

I used mBox mail on my iPad for a while until Microsoft fully implemented Exchange Activesync. I have an msn.com mail address that I've had since the early 90s (one of the first true POP email addys) that is served well by the Hotmail/Windows Live servers. For all intents and purposes, it IS my Windows Live email address and universal Microsoft "Passport" log-in credentials.

Anyway, in the iPad settings, in the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section, tap on "New account" in the "Accounts" sub-section and select "Microsoft Exchange". Enter your information-skip the domain (leave that blank), enter, and in the next section that comes up, enter m.hotmail.com in the "server" field and your user name should be your full email address. When you're done entering the info, it will automatically set everything up for you and viola! All of your email and their folders in Hotmail will be synced with your iPad in the native email app. Everything you do in the iPad, email-wise, will be reflected in Hotmail and vice-versa. If you use Outlook on a PC and get your Hotmail there as well, you can download and install the free Outlook Connector from Microsoft then it will connect your Outlook to Hotmail for syncing as well.

I have Outlook 2010 on my desktop PC, my iPad using its native email client and my EVO 4G with its native Android email client: ALL of them now sync email perfectly between each other.

Oh yeah...for this account on your iPad, you can set the "fetch" parameter to "PUSH". That means when something arrives at the Hotmail server, a copy of it will be pushed to your iPad right away. Pretty neat. Even Outlook doesn't do that (it's still a 1 second-or-more interval of your choice for polling the servers). This is better for the battery, too. If the iPad is left to constantly check the server every few minutes, it'll eat some battery...even during times when you'e got no new mail at the server.

Folders are supported.

Beats mBox mail, which is nice but is slow to populate your email lists and folders, etc. AND.. using the native mail client means that it will automatically come up with email links and such. The only thing that mBox mail has over the iPad's native client is push NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS, which pop up with last incoming email's basic info.

Give it a whirl. It's free.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did above, took a couple of times, and everything is working now. I can delete an email at either site or iPad, and it deletes at other place. This is great.
Thanks Mtnmedic.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
crappa said:
Did above, took a couple of times, and everything is working now. I can delete an email at either site or iPad, and it deletes at other place. This is great.
Thanks Mtnmedic.

You're very welcome! Also...the Exchange Activesync will also sync your calendar and contacts with the iPad as well.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

burntice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Thank You!!!
I have been managing my hotmail in both places for years. I had searched high and low never an answer.

darrenwis said:
Hi guys,

Thanks, Darren

I used mBox mail on my iPad for a while until Microsoft fully implemented Exchange Activesync. I have an msn.com mail address that I've had since the early 90s (one of the first true POP email addys) that is served well by the Hotmail/Windows Live servers. For all intents and purposes, it IS my Windows Live email address and universal Microsoft "Passport" log-in credentials.

Anyway, in the iPad settings, in the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section, tap on "New account" in the "Accounts" sub-section and select "Microsoft Exchange". Enter your information-skip the domain (leave that blank), enter, and in the next section that comes up, enter m.hotmail.com in the "server" field and your user name should be your full email address. When you're done entering the info, it will automatically set everything up for you and viola! All of your email and their folders in Hotmail will be synced with your iPad in the native email app. Everything you do in the iPad, email-wise, will be reflected in Hotmail and vice-versa. If you use Outlook on a PC and get your Hotmail there as well, you can download and install the free Outlook Connector from Microsoft then it will connect your Outlook to Hotmail for syncing as well.

I have Outlook 2010 on my desktop PC, my iPad using its native email client and my EVO 4G with its native Android email client: ALL of them now sync email perfectly between each other.

Oh yeah...for this account on your iPad, you can set the "fetch" parameter to "PUSH". That means when something arrives at the Hotmail server, a copy of it will be pushed to your iPad right away. Pretty neat. Even Outlook doesn't do that (it's still a 1 second-or-more interval of your choice for polling the servers). This is better for the battery, too. If the iPad is left to constantly check the server every few minutes, it'll eat some battery...even during times when you'e got no new mail at the server.

Folders are supported.

Beats mBox mail, which is nice but is slow to populate your email lists and folders, etc. AND.. using the native mail client means that it will automatically come up with email links and such. The only thing that mBox mail has over the iPad's native client is push NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS, which pop up with last incoming email's basic info.

Give it a whirl. It's free.

kim925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So happy to have found this! I've had my iPad since Christmas and have had to delete my email in two places. I'm also happy to have all of my folders available on my iPad. Thanks so much!

middlesis411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have to sign up for a hotmail account? Right now I only have a Window's live mail account

Most reactions

Latest posts