What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best free, kid-friendly video chat/call app for 3+ people?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for an app for video calling (preferably one that is free) and it has to meeting the following requirements:

- Kid friendly (i.e. no random chatrooms or calls with strangers)
- Can be used by 3+ people at once
- It has to be compatible with wi-fi only iPads and cannot require a phone number

Is there anything like this available on the app store?

So far I've tried JusTalk, imo, and Skype, and they all require a phone number.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Skyple requires a phone number? Are you sure? I don’t use it, but I’m reasonably certain a phone number is not needed to use Skype unless you are calling other land or mobile voice lines.

Anyway, check out Google Hangouts. It’s not what i’d call simple, but it has the features you want.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Skype will work on the 5th and 6th generation iPod touch models and the last several generations of iPads I wouldnt think it required a phone number to work.

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mistake. I guess it asks for a phone number as a backup security method, but apparently the step can be skipped during the setup process.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you found Kakaotalk messengerin the app store? (Free!) We use that to link to our daughter. I think it meets your requirements, although not 100% certain. It does require a phone number at registration, but in my case the number is for my very ancient samsung D900, so really has nothing to do with using Kakao; simply a security measure.

Good app, though, and well worth a look.

Most reactions

Latest posts