What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best flight tracking app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app would everyone recommend for tracking flights? I was looking at FlightTrack, is that one good? Are there any free apps?

Thanks!

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm also quite interested in this, but there doesn't seem to be any flight tracking apps for England, they all seem to be for the US

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm also quite interested in this, but there doesn't seem to be any flight tracking apps for England, they all seem to be for the US
I have purchased Kayak Pro which is just a $1 but is definitely worth more than that. It does what is says. Edit: PS. I purchased this app when I bought my iPhone so there isn't an iPad version yet, it still works though.

Last edited:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but the most useful free ones are the actual airport and airline websites. They give you the most up-to-date info on a flight, with latest arrival/departure times, gate #s etc. If you want one of those gimmicky apps with a map showing where it thinks the plane is, then you are looking for something different, but otherwise you are going to get incomplete info and intrusive popup ads with free apps.

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I have purchased Kayak Pro which is just a $1 but is definitely worth more than that. It does what is says. Edit: PS. I purchased this app when I bought my iPhone so there isn't an iPad version yet, it still works though.

It sounds good but you said you purchased it for $1? Would this not mean that it is an American app? Or does this work in England aswel?

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It sounds good but you said you purchased it for $1? Would this not mean that it is an American app? Or does this work in England aswel?
Yeh mate, I have a US iTunes account and I live in SA, not sure if it's available in the UK store. Do a search and check. The app will work anywhere in the world as it picks up all airports around the world.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yeh mate, I have a US iTunes account and I live in SA, not sure if it's available in the UK store. Do a search and check. The app will work anywhere in the world as it picks up all airports around the world.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Oh thanks, yes your right it is available in the english app store! That's great! Would be much better if they brought the app out for iPad aswel!

Whistler127

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flight track is only for commercial flights. The ETA is a wheels down time not gate arrival. They provide a flight status phone number for the airline which will give gate arrival time.

pbrameld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Plane Finder it works in the UK you often track the plane taxying down the runway it does not give coverage all over Europe they do one called Ship Finder which I also find fun buy the way how do you improve the spelling checking on the iPad2? Cheers Peter

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I use Plane Finder it works in the UK you often track the plane taxying down the runway it does not give coverage all over Europe they do one called Ship Finder which I also find fun buy the way how do you improve the spelling checking on the iPad2? Cheers Peter

Is this a free app? Or paid for? If so how much? Thanks!

pbrameld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
Is this a free app? Or paid for? If so how much? Thanks!

It is a paid for app I think that it was about a pound, there might be a lite version which you can try out free, the best app I have bought since ai got my iPad is Movie Player this let's me play movies I have downloaded via Fileshare ect cheers P

ariannaparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app would everyone recommend for tracking flights? I was looking at FlightTrack, is that one good? Are there any free apps?

Thanks!

You can go for some of these:

1. Flight Departures
2. Gate Guru
3. Flightrarar24

Reference: EDITED - no website links

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This question has been posted in 2011. I’m sure the OP has found a solution in the meantime. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts