What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best flight simulator

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
XPlane9 for iPad. This is no game. There's no levels and no points. You can however connect to someone for what I believe to be a dog fight.
Excellent physics as it relates to authentic motion of the plane. I'm not a pilot to confirm that but pilots confirm the relation to real flight. I was up in a Cessna a couple of times in Alaska and there is a very strong relation to real flight.
There are several versions. Xplane airliner , xplane extreme , Most of the versions are created for iPhone. Xplane for iPad is what it says. Man it's great.
Xplane for desktops is the ultimate detailed set up and it's called Xplane10.
Settings seem complicated. Give yourself an hour. You'll have it down. It's a progression. I'm good at it and will never be as good as I would like to be.
My favorite planes to fly are the Kingair dual prop. Smooth and nice to land.
My favorite big boy is the old work horse, the b747
My favorite military fighter is the f22. But every plane is awesome. I also dabble in the space race with the in app purchase of apollo missions. To much to explain. Yaw and stuff. The space shuttle is a part of the $9.99 original app purchase and that is very cool. I'm never going to be a gamer. Never was but my ipad2 has made me a 50 year old kid. Oh , angry birds is great to but I'm not a gamer , yeah that's wright. Lol.
I really have no patients for video games but I ordered an ipad3 Ok , new iPad 3rd gen. Just so I might enhance the Xplane9 for iPad / angry birds experience. I'm open to new apps also if something grabs my attention. Xplane , the best 10 bucks I spent with the app store so far

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Couldn't agree more! Xplane for iPad is something special. Let's hope they produce the others in the series to HD on day too. I have them all on my old iPod touch and they're just awesome

Last edited:

organum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
XPlane is much too twitchy for me as a pilot. The Cessna for example in real life if very easy to fly and very stable, unlike Xplane.

If this was not true you would never be given the controls on a trial flight.

The controls need to be reduced in sensitivity on this app.

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
organum said:
XPlane is much too twitchy for me as a pilot. The Cessna for example in real life if very easy to fly and very stable, unlike Xplane.

If this was not true you would never be given the controls on a trial flight.

The controls need to be reduced in sensitivity on this app.

That's interesting. I'm a big xplane user. Been contemplating lessons . Soon maybe. Is it possible you might have to tweak the Adjustment settings. They really produce a affect individually that is very sensitive. Given the fact that your experience lends itself to your being correct You can recommend this contradiction of the simulator to the real thing to Laminar. I have not noticed any pilots posting this either on the xplane sim forum or the apps reviews. Be nice if they would enable true accuracy in every aircraft. I'm sure they try. There was a marine fly boy who stated that he enjoyed how close ( not exact ) but how close the F series fighters behaved.
I wish I really knew. I YouTube the movie Top Gun ,danger zone song and run it in the background while I act like a 50 year old child at the controls of the f-14. I'm in awe of the stress involved with having to be perfect in actuality...
Curious to try the Cessna. My novas approach at this simulator leads me to think it is accurate to a degree but very forgiving also. Especially the landings.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts