Best External Speakers for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by fancyworks, Dec 20, 2010.

1. King Hal

King Hal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I admit -I'm barking mad!

2. ChIpad

ChIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

It is used for multiple things, including entertainment, so what is wrong with adding external speakers exactly? Not sure what you use your Ipad for, but for the price I think most of us will use it for as many things as we want, that is why we bought them!

3. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree I stream music via apple tv then though 5.1 sound system and get excellent results wifi speakers are just becoming available here and the results are fantastic. In car systems like parrot 9200 provide excellent out put for music movies and games gps and hands free phones
    As for cost if you want the sound quality it comes with a price regardless if you have iPods iPhones or ipads
    Netbooks like most notebooks offer poor sound quality so I don't see the point paying $200 or more for something half decent is worth it if you enjoy your music regardless of what mobile device you own. It is about lifestyle

4. Blackbelt

Blackbelt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    To answer your question:

Sound system: Bose lifestyle 4800 for sound quality. 65" LCD TV
    2 Mac Pro for work
    Iphone 4 to talk
    Ipad: For on the go checking mail, apps and fun, not to anchor it down with key board or speakers.
    That is my application.

5. ChIpad

ChIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    that is fine for you, but for the rest of us we like to use it for a little more then just checking mail lol if that was the case I could have just kept using my iphone ;-) but now that I had to see your reply lol how do you like the bose system?

6. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    The only gripe I have is with the lack of power at times. i would like a way to boost the sound a bit. I have also thought about a dock speaker system, but I have not seen too many that I like.

7. Wakawaka

Wakawaka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hmm.. iPad dock ($29.99). Home theater system ($1,200). 3.5mm male/male cable ($6.99). Pandora or iPod (free).

There you go..

Altho if my girl got me the Sony media center (just like apple tv) then no more need for iPads tunes.

At the office however, I'll be using my samsung sound bar with wireless subwoofer mounted to the wall. I never understood the whole ihome speaker stands..

8. fancyworks

fancyworks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For Me, I always love wireless speakes because no need to place ipad near speakers :)

9. newfmp3

newfmp3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought the iPod dock, logitech s715s. Now I am a bit of an audio nut. You here this all the time, people saying a speaker sounds so great, you'll never believe it and so on....but this logitech set is really quite good. Paid 99 Canadian for mine, has built in nimh rechargeable batteries good for 8 hours and remote. On sale at fs for 129 now.

10. Darkrider

Darkrider
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The Jambox works well. Bluetooth. Small with a carrying case. Dipole speaker(fires sound out the front and back).

It can be upgraded via the Internet.

$199.99.

Great sound.

Google it.