What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Excel App

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the best option for viewing Excel files on the iPad? I am using QuickOffice at the moment but it doesn't seem to recalculate cell formulae.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that with the latest updates, iWork Numbers now reads the writes Excel files.

Thanks, if I read correctly, Numbers only exports to Excel at the moment. I would like to open an existing Excel workbook and have it recalculate on the iPad.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does Numbers support Dropbox yet?

Not that I can see. I already use DropBox but it not available for selection in Numbers. I set up a trial MobileMe account. Even though it is supposed to free, I was charged 2 x $1.10 and I can't seem to log in to it. Hence I can't verify whether Excel import is possible.

It does look like Numbers supports all the Excel functions in my Excel spreadsheet.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use "Documents to Go" for Excel spreadsheets on my iPad and it works well. I keep the document in Dropbox and can access it from within the iPad/Docs2Go.

I have several cells that have formulas and, so far, they update. They are simple add/subtract formulas, but that's all I need.

After I am done with the file, I can save it and select "Yes" to have the file sync back to Dropbox.

So far, so good - for me ... YMMV.

Marilyn

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not used drop box, but have used docs to go to sync directly to my work pc. So far it works great. I use numbers to open my excel files.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally figured out that I can get the spreadsheet into Dropbox and push it from there to Numbers. My spreadsheet works fine after I do that.

Think different!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally figured out that I can get the spreadsheet into Dropbox and push it from there to Numbers. My spreadsheet works fine after I do that.

Think different!

Have you found a way to go from Numbers to Dropbox?

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you found a way to go from Numbers to Dropbox?

No, but you can email Numbers spreadsheets as Excel files. Go to My Spreadsheets and you will see an outbox icon at the bottom of the screen.

I must say that the lack of access to a file system (not to mention the lack of an SD card slot) is a glaring omission from the iPad. Once again "Think different":).

Most reactions

Latest posts