Best email application for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by my_ipad_2011, Jul 23, 2011.

1. my_ipad_2011

my_ipad_2011
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can any one suggest if what's the best email apps for iPad? That's seems to be similar with outlook? Thanks.

2. DefBref

DefBref
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Is the any particular feature that the inbuilt app is missing for you? Personally I find the inbuilt app perfectly usable but I know some power users find it inadequate. Defining your specific features you require will enable a more precise recommendation.

3. my_ipad_2011

my_ipad_2011
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I cant immediately attached files to it which I usually needs to do. replying or creating still no option for attachment. I do it in other way so I can attach something. I usually convert it to pic so I can attach it as image..

4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If you put your files in Dropbox or similar you can copy and paste links to those files for your email recipients to download.

The Archangel

5. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the other folks, the native Mail program for iPad is quite good. AFAIK there isn't an app that emulates Outlook (and quite frankly if there was I'd steer far clear of it. ;) )

As Gabriel suggests, Dropbox and Spideroak (both free) are great ways to sync files so you have access to them on your iPad and/or any other computer. You can link to them as well as send links to others via email.

That said sending email attachments on the iPad is quite easy once you understand how to do it. Basically you'll send files directly from the app that you're using rather than having to find them and attach them in Mail. Here are the details...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/36722-how-email-photos-other-attachments.html

Here's a pretty good "how to" about using Mail on the iPad as well...

How to use the Mail app on the Apple iPad - iPad User Guides - Know Your Mobile

Hope that helps and let us know how things go!

6. Chuy Hardy

Chuy Hardy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Here is in my opinion the best app for mails, it's mbox pro, I bought it and all I can say is ... THIS APP ROCKS!!!

7. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Not quite sure which app you're referring to. :confused: mBox for iPad is an option if you have a Windows Live Hotmail account and use Windows Live Contacts. MailPro is another option, again for Hotmail, MSN and Windows Live accounts. If the OP doesn't have a Hotmail account or has more than one account neither would be an option.

#7 richsadams, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    If you have the third-party app GoodReader that will allow you to attach any number of disparate attachments to an email that will be sent from the iPad's native Mail app - thus all your regular contacts etc are available. Also, if you need to send emails to a group, the app MailShot is recommended by almost all Members - it too interfaces with the iPad's Contacts database and allows you to send an email to any number of users in a group.

Tim

9. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    +1. GoodReader is an excellent, all-around app for many types of documents.

AFAIK all apps that allow you to send emails with file attachments interact with the iPad's Mail app including providing access to the user's Contacts list.

10. my_ipad_2011

my_ipad_2011
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks I'll try that one.