What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best desktop remote?

Ljwrighty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here, I have a 3GS which I've used rdm+ on for a while now with few complaints. I've just got an ipad 2 and put it there. Does anyone have any experience with rdm, or think any other apps are better. Thanks in advance.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
There is a "Search" button at the top. In the field, type "Remote Desktop" and you will get a huge listing of this exact topic as it has been discussed in detail many times.

maisojiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a remote desktop software for mac in which I can fully control my computer wirelessly.

OP
Ljwrighty

Ljwrighty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
There is a "Search" button at the top. In the field, type "Remote Desktop" and you will get a huge listing of this exact topic as it has been discussed in detail many times.

Thanks, I am aware of the search button. I was asking for others views as rdm is great but I cant highlight and open a file when online with it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is great - there's a free 'lite' limited viewing time version - connects to your PC from anywhere - the feature is still supposedly experimental but it works just fine..

Tim

OP
Ljwrighty

Ljwrighty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Splashtop is great - there's a free 'lite' limited viewing time version - connects to your PC from anywhere - the feature is still supposedly experimental but it works just fine..

Tim

Thanks just looked at that. Looks a nice set up, as I say rdm+ has worked great for me on the iPhone. Just missing a few features. Cheers.

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App Shopper: Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) (Business)

Look pretty good, remote desktop(PC) & vnc(Mac).

EDIT:

But I wish they also support browser access like Teamviewer... So far Teamviewer is the easiest support for my client who don't know how to unlock the port for remote access. But it is not peer to peer so you might have some delay when you connected to a slower server.

Last edited:

miniklop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try this app: Screenshots_Remote by actymac.com very helpful for me use this few months...

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used both Splashtop and Jump and like them both. I work from home and sometimes when we decide to road trip and I need to access my laptop for IE purposes (I have a site that seems to only work with IE and no other browser) I use either Splashtop and Jump and I've never had an issue with either.

miniklop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still have another good prog for monitoring mac, called - dutywatch remote(actymac.com), i heard a lot of positive comments about it...

Most reactions