What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Cover, Carrying Case, & Screen Protection

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You asked....

For me best cover = Apple case

Best carry case= $7 netbook case I got at Best Buy. My iPad with Apple case fits snug...

Best screen protector = none, no point in having one...

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks like a nice case. I just received a REALLY nice smoked TPU case from ebay for $12 shipped that is pretty similar and I am very pleased and impressed. You can't beat the price and the quality is what I would expect from the likes of Griffin, etc. Here's a link: SMOKE TPU TINT SKIN CRYSTAL CASE COVER FOR APPLE iPAD - eBay (item 170485528237 end time Jun-11-10 22:22:25 PDT).

For screen protection I went with the Power Support Anti-Glare film based upon the review at ilounge.com: The Complete Guide to iPad Cases and Protection | iLounge Article. At $25 it isn't cheap but I'm very happy with it. I know there are a bunch of people that feel a screen protector isn't necessary or that there isn't a point in having one, however I strongly disagree. I'm not typically a screen protector fan, but there is a huge point in having one if you plan to use your iPad outdoors or in brightly lit environments. I've used an iPad naked and the sun glare outdoors was too much for extended reading without purposefully angling the screen making the experience somewhat frustrating.

The screens are definitely resistant to scratches (NOT scratch proof) but that isn't the only reason to use a screen protector. If you're couch or cafe surfing you probably can get away without one. But not everyone fits into that usage category. So for those using their iPad in a variety of environments that are subject to glare I give my vote to the Power Support anti-glare film.

Bonnie2716

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Covers for Ipad

I was carrying my Ipad around with no cover until I saw the zippered soft cover for my eee Netbook that I had never used. The IPad fits into it perfectly. I'm also a fast crocheter so I made a few IPad totes out of different colors. Find someone who crochets, have them make 2 equal sides of colors you like that are the same size as the IPad & a 2" wide handle or buttons for the edge.

I came here to find out how to organize my apps. Many thanks for the alpha hint.

I have plenty of storage left but my apps are going to my front page now. Is there a limit to the number of pages you can have?

Many thanks,
Bonnie2716

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I finally have the money to buy a carrying case, screen cover/anti glare, and cover. Which ones are the best/cheapest? My fav cover is this one so far.

iLuv Flexi-Dot Thin Transparent TPU Case For Apple iPad [ipad_tpu_iluv] - $14.95 : Cimo Cases, We ve got you covered

Don't go cheapest. You get what you pay for. I did that with my iPhone years ago. I just ended wasting more money.

I use the Power Support Anti Glare for the screen, Speck CandyShell and the Exo Sleeve from Waterfield Designs. These are all good quality items that will protect your iPad. I posted pictures of the items on here somewhere. Good luck.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use the basically use the following products from the diff aftermarkets online websites

-x- kensington sling bag for carrying the ipad around -

-x- hard rubber cover by CMO soft gel tpu skincase

-x-CMO sleeve case for carrying the unit around in the bag

-x-incase combo charger unit for the ipad with a 12.volt plug in and folding prong electric plug unit.for my traveling power need ..for it can fit into a wall socket or a car 12,volt plug in cig lighter plug in if need

-x-raduis atomic bass aluminum earphones in black color

-x-screen cleaning cloth i picked up at the local best buy

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Newfoundland. It's raining.

My iPad has arrived, my Apple case has not.

I'm too cheap to buy an aftermarket case until I have evaluated the one I've already paid for.

I want to take my new baby to the office.

Solution?

Grocery bag! The best waterproof case ever... :D

Attachments

• ipad bag.JPG
    ipad bag.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 515

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Griffin case is not well designed. The upper retainers pull on the on/off button and the volume button. Not good and i'm stuck with it...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks like a nice case. I just received a REALLY nice smoked TPU case from ebay for $12 shipped that is pretty similar and I am very pleased and impressed. You can't beat the price and the quality is what I would expect from the likes of Griffin, etc. Here's a link: SMOKE TPU TINT SKIN CRYSTAL CASE COVER FOR APPLE iPAD - eBay (item 170485528237 end time Jun-11-10 22:22:25 PDT)

Both come from the same factory in Donguan (China)… i use one and i like it despite the first generation have some size problem and plug problem … in my eyes this is the best protection for iPad as that can enter in many cover or directly in a bag

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Griffin case is not well designed. The upper retainers pull on the on/off button and the volume button. Not good and i'm stuck with it...

iVan i already told you don’t buy the first gen :) :) i will give you a full set in exchange of one of your beautiful wood box :D

Joncogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M-Edge Latitude

I just received my Latitude Case from M-Edge and I am a big fan. It opens up the possibility of carrying the unit without a bag as it zippers closed completely to protect the unit. It also has a small accessory pocket on the front for head phones and camera connection kit and VGA adapter (at least that it how I use it). It also reverse zips to hold the front cover in place when using! Big fan so far!!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I was carrying my Ipad around with no cover until I saw the zippered soft cover for my eee Netbook that I had never used. The IPad fits into it perfectly. I'm also a fast crocheter so I made a few IPad totes out of different colors. Find someone who crochets, have them make 2 equal sides of colors you like that are the same size as the IPad & a 2" wide handle or buttons for the edge.

I came here to find out how to organize my apps. Many thanks for the alpha hint.

I have plenty of storage left but my apps are going to my front page now. Is there a limit to the number of pages you can have?

Many thanks,
Bonnie2716

Last I checks it was 11 pages on the iPhone, maybe same for iPad..... it may be more now, that is what it was I know when OS 3.0 came out...

Most reactions

Latest posts