What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best (cheapest) place to buy iPAD 3

BEARGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it best to buy direct from a Apple Store or are there other distributors that are less expensive? I will be visiting NYC and LA in a couple of months, have friends in both who could purchase for me (once I tell them!). Is the tax the same in both cities ?

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Taxes are most likely different for each of the two cities you mention. The price of the iPad 3 will be within one or two dollars of the price at Apple.com regardless of where it is purchased.

OP
B

BEARGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Taxes are most likely different for each of the two cities you mention. The price of the iPad 3 will be within one or two dollars of the price at Apple.com regardless of where it is purchased.

Ok thank you.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All authorized retailers sell the new iPad at the same price as the Apple store. However, there is an online authorized reseller called MacMall. Depending on what state you live in, you may not get charged sales tax on an online order. That could mean anywhere from $40-$80 savings depending on what iPad model you get. I live in Texas and as of December, have not had to pay sales tax on my orders.

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$543.29 for the 16G in NYC. $537.67 in LA. Buying in store, of course.

All retailers sell at the same price as Apple. Only way to "maybe" go cheaper and avoid sales tax is eBay or Craigslist for a secondhand model.

solinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sams Club has it locally here in the south at $10 off the standard price. Not much, but if you buy it local, you have to buy it somewhere and they have a great return policy.

Most reactions

Latest posts