What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would advise you to sell the ipad on craigslist or somewhere else asap. What you're planning on doing was my initial idea as well, but if you look on the back of the receipt, it says that if youre a silver rewards card member, it won't work for certain things, such as electronics, and it specifically mentions "ipad". For the iPad, you only have 14 days regardless of your membership.

I'm just trying to save you the trouble of going in on Friday and being turned away. What I did was sell my old iPad on Craigslist for $375 (15 gig wifi ipad). I'll have to dish out some of my own cash, but it's better than paying full price.
The back of my receipt makes no mention of the iPad, but the "Returning In-Store Purchases" page on the Best Buy website does:

• 14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPad, tablets and radar detectors
  • 30 days for all other products
  • 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Premier Silver members*
* If you are returning a mobile phone or device with a plan, Best Buy is not responsible for carrier charges incurred after the carrier's 30-day cancellation period.

From my reading of this, this seems to make it clear that the iPad is included in the 45 day period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members.

From the Reward Zone FAQ page on the extended return policy:

"Premier Silver status members have 45 days to return all in-store and BestBuy.com purchases, from the date of the transaction. The Premier Silver member who made the purchase must also make the return, even if the item was given as a gift."

I don't see anything that excludes electronics (and this would definitely be suggested by their note on mobile phones WRT carrier contracts). So I don't see why I can't return my 1st Gen iPad from everything I read.

Worst case scenario going into Friday, I will fall back on the Buy Back program I got for free with purchase last month.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I believe best buy will also be offering some kind of iPad bundle that includes a case, zagg shield, and some kind of charger or something similar for a discounted price. This might only be at certain stores, or even only at mobile stores, but its been a rumor floating around.

Most reactions

Latest posts