What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy to Offer Temporary Discounts for the iPhone 5s/5c and the iPad Air/Mini

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
best-buy-iphone-ipad-620x400.jpg

The holiday season has ended and so have the majority of deals on Apple products, but Best Buy has some more goodies in its gift bag. Only this Friday and Saturday, the big retailer will discount all the models of the iPad Air by $50. The company will also offer $30 discounts on first-generation iPad mini models. Best Buy is also running is trade-in program until February 1, so if you have an old electronic device, you can earn some extra cash.

Best Buy customers can score at least a $10 gift card by trading in virtually any electronic device, including digital cameras, digital camcorders, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, gaming consoles, and MP3 players. Certain tablets, phones, and gaming systems can qualify for at least a $75 gift card. The device does have to power up and be free of water damage and any cracks in the screen. This latest trade-in deal runs through February 1.

iPhone buyers haven’t been overlooked, as they can save $50 off the 16GB iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c and $100 off the 32GB iPhone 5c from now through February 2. The usual two-year agreement is part of the deal, of course. Android buyers can also get the Samsung’s Galaxy S4 for free through Verizon on Friday and Saturday and free through AT&T from Friday through Saturday, February 2.

Source: iPhoneforums

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for Best Buy accepting my return of an iPad Air (16gb) and allowing me to re-purchase an iPad Air with 32gb instead for $50 more. Thanks Best Buy!

On that note, the pricing for more disk space is ridiculous. Yes Apple, $100 for 16 more gigs of space is ridiculous pricing.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for Best Buy accepting my return of an iPad Air (16gb) and allowing me to re-purchase an iPad Air with 32gb instead for $50 more. Thanks Best Buy! On that note, the pricing for more disk space is ridiculous. Yes Apple, $100 for 16 more gigs of space is ridiculous pricing.

Yeah, never liked the hundred buck upcharge just for storage. You should get something else for that amount of money too!

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, never liked the hundred buck upcharge just for storage. You should get something else for that amount of money too!

I agree. Seriously, these days, 32gb should be the base starting storage point. And you're right, that extra $100 could be used on stuff like Apple Care+ to insure your device for 2 years or a decent case, etc. I'm curious what Best Buy had to do to pull a discount stunt like this with Apple. Apple rarely offers a 'sale' with their products. The price is generally the same with all of its retailers who choose to sell Apple products.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. Seriously, these days, 32gb should be the base starting storage point. And you're right, that extra $100 could be used on stuff like Apple Care+ to insure your device for 2 years or a decent case, etc. I'm curious what Best Buy had to do to pull a discount stunt like this with Apple. Apple rarely offers a 'sale' with their products. The price is generally the same with all of its retailers who choose to sell Apple products.

I wonder if Best Buy simply has to eat the costs? If so, that's pretty cool of them. I know apple doesn't let resellers discount their stuff below a certain price point. Like Levi jeans or nike sneakers.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if Best Buy simply has to eat the costs? If so, that's pretty cool of them. I know apple doesn't let resellers discount their stuff below a certain price point. Like Levi jeans or nike sneakers.

I am lucky that my country has no apple stores and only retailers that sell them at a lower price.

Most reactions

Latest posts