Best Buy Availability

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bhodge10, Apr 28, 2010.

1. trevor_fl

trevor_fl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just called Best Buy. They told me that the Ipads will be release at 5 pm.

2. mrdinh

mrdinh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    got my 64gig at bestbuy..no way lists...

3. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just a little curious. It has to be 5PM somewhere ;) Anyone snag a 3G from Bestbuy yet?

4. Droid Washington

Droid Washington
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'll still be getting my iPad 3G today, but I have to vent about Best Buy for a second. I have been calling/going in and talking to the employees at my Best Buy for the last week asking about the iPad 3G release. None of them ever knew anything about it, one said they didn't come out until JUNE, and etc etc. I figured oh well, they'll find out soon enough when they're handing them to people on the 30th.

Finally, this morning, I called over there to check, and they said that they are in fact not selling the 3G iPads today, launch day. I asked them if they knew when they were going to sell them and the rep said they had no idea.

Alright. Time to start calling other Best Buys. Finally found one about 2 hours away that was handing out vouchers since open. So I grabbed a soda and my Macbook, got in my car, and away I went, GPS leading the way. I got the very last voucher, and fortunately it was for the exact model I wanted (32GB).

The Apple rep at this store seemed shocked my local Best Buy wasn't selling them, so he called up there to confirm, and they told him they were selling them today. So basically I wasted a day's worth of driving and waiting for no reason. :mad: Best Buy sucks, but at least I'm going to be getting a 3G today, which totally makes up for any inconvenience!

5. FL Wine Girl

FL Wine Girl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, it's not 5pm on the East Coast yet. I called my local BB earlier today and their automated answering machine states they were out of all iPad versions including 3G. When I spoke to a rep, I asked how could that be if they weren't supposed to start selling them until 5pm (I was just curious). She advised "we just put that on the answering machine so I don't have to field so many calls today. We won't start selling them until 5pm.". Geesh! Anyway, she was not at liberty to tell me how many iPads they received.

I'm interested in the 3G model and may gift my wi-fi to someone in the family. This assumes AT&T performance is good ;). Based on the very few comments I've seen so far, it looks good.

Congrats to all of you new iPad owners!

6. dynabiker58

dynabiker58
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My best buy only selling 64 gig 3g

Called my local Best Buy and they have a line already and are selling only 64gig 3G..they have only 5-10 Ipads...Guess I'll have to check out Apple Store Tomorrow or next week...or order on line I want the 16 gig or 32 gig 3g...64 gig 3g is $900 with tax is little ridiculous:mad:

7. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My local BB's also only have 64GB 3g's. Ouch.

8. waitinonmine

waitinonmine
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I called the Kennesaw GA BB yesterday and was told that they would not have the 3G model for sale. I didn't really believe that, so I called back after lunch today and was told they were selling them starting at 5 pm, and there was no line at the store. I had a coworker call and confirm the same. I arrived at Best Buy at 4:55 today and saw 3-4 other people scurrying into the store. The line was about 20 people long. I was asked wwhich model i wanted and got The 10th (last) 32gb unit.
    The whole wait in line / purchase process was about 20 minutes.

9. SocalMark

SocalMark
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My best buy in Hawthorne,CA only got 20 but did get lot's of wifi models, lot's of pissed off People today.

10. fairoasis

fairoasis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got to my BB at 1600 and was #2 in line. They only got 5 and they were all 64G. I gave my voucher to an Airman still in his flight suit and headed on in to the city to Apple. I got there at 1705 and was out of there at 1745.