What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Business card readers for iphone

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you use Evernote, then their new Scannable app will 'usually' recognize a business card and extract the information, as well as keep a jpg of it for complete reference.

I don't have any other business card readers, so I can't compare. But it's free, so perhaps worth a try.

I dug an old card out of my wallet and scanned it, then exported it to Evernote. Here are some screen shots of how it looks when saved to Evernote.

It missed some info due to the funny fonts, but got the all important phone number and email address.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422585704.955320.jpg

You can edit the information after you tap the note's title (where it says Add Name). With the card's image sitting right there, it's easy to fix any mistakes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422585720.454048.jpg

And you can export that information to the Contacts app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422585738.073827.jpg

Note: Other than being a customer, I have no association with the business on the card. For that matter, they changed their name and contact information about a week ago. Still, if you are ever in Walla Walla and want some gluten free goodies, it's a nice place.

Last edited:
OP
U

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using Business card reader apps?
Can i get a recommendation of a good app for such purpose?
If you use Evernote, then their new Scannable app will 'usually' recognize a business card and extract the information, as well as keep a jpg of it for complete reference.

I don't have any other business card readers, so I can't compare. But it's free, so perhaps worth a try.

I dug an old card out of my wallet and scanned it, then exported it to Evernote. Here are some screen shots of how it looks when saved to Evernote.

It missed some info due to the funny fonts, but got the all important phone number and email address.

View attachment 62693

You can edit the information after you tap the note's title (where it says Add Name). With the card's image sitting right there, it's easy to fix any mistakes.

View attachment 62694

And you can export that information to the Contacts app.

View attachment 62695

Note: Other than being a customer, I have no association with the business on the card. For that matter, they changed their name and contact information about a week ago. Still, if you are ever in Walla Walla and want some gluten free goodies, it's a nice place.

Thanks for this suggestion and all the effort taken to post the pictures etc. Let me checkout

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Not long after I made the post, I discovered it was possible to edit and export straight to the Contacts app; though I think I'll just use Evernote for business's that I don't call every week, because it keeps the image. I can always export from Evernote later if I change my mind.

ProfXplo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of the app please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions