Best app to deal with my paperwork?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by DaneSullivan, Jun 8, 2011.

1. DaneSullivan

DaneSullivan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I manage a lake in Kansas that has 20 RV Sites with hook ups, 21 Piers for camping and 2 large grass areas for camping. I got the iPad 2 to eliminate the amount of paperwork that was building up very quickly. What I would like some help with is deciding what the best app is to to make spreadsheets in ( preferably able to be emailed to a PC and opened in excel). I also need to be able to open read and manipulate word documents on my iPad from time to time. Please help as soon as you can I need to start utilizing every aspect of this device and I can't pick the best ones. Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing everyones advice, I need it.
  2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Office2 HD might help...
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    One of our very frequent posters, twerppoet, also manages an RV site in Washington State and I'm sure (when he's awake) he'll be able to help you with your enquiry.

Tim
  4. DaneSullivan

DaneSullivan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you I am from Washington State around the Seattle area. so that would be great. I don't need to have very extensive spreadsheets but do you know if any of the apps allow for formulas to be put in so that it would add certain columns so I could at a glance know what I was looking at money wise. I am only 24 years old and I am really trying to run this place like a business which the previous person did not. I appreciate any help you guys can provide cuz it will only make me look better. Thanks again
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,135 / 1
    Manage would be an overstatement. I don't handle money, other than accepting, writing an occasional receipt, and handing both to the manager. That means I'm pretty much no help at all setting up the spreadsheet. For what little I do (an none of it is for business tracking) Numbers does me fine.

I do keep track of arrivals and space assignments, more out of self defense than a requirement. For that I use two things. Calendar to remind me of arrival dates, and Popplet to create a kind of virtual whiteboard of the site so I can track who is where and what spaces have new arrivals assigned to them.

If you sync the Calendar with an online service like Google, it can be shared and updated by more than one person. This is also true of a Popplet account. The free account gives you 5 online popplets to play with, which is more than I need.

Our RV Park is quite small, with only 10 spaces and a tent area. Still, the popplet I set up might give you some ideas. I've attached an (anonymized) screen shot. I set up a row of spaces in the middle, add popplets for scheduled visitors on the right, and them move them to the left when they arrive. That's all, plus a little color, names, and dates to keep things sorted.

And I'm afraid that's about all the help I can be.

Attached Files:

6. DaneSullivan

DaneSullivan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a lot of help, thank you. I had already downloaded that numbers app and it working out great for me. I am going to try the popplet app and see if that will work cuz it looks that would give a great overall look of the park. I do everything and so I am trying bring this place into
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,135 / 1
    Glad it was some help. I don't consider Popplet ideal, but it's the best I've found for this kind of thing, so far.

Let us know how it works out, or if you find a better way to do things. I'm always open to easier/better ways to work. :)