What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for word and excel

the big easy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just bought the new iPad and would like to know if possible which will be the best app to choose for working with word and excel documents?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two in my opinion, Evernote is good as is 'docstogo'. Both have good/bad points depends on your needs.

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
For what I need to do, the two Apple apps 'numbers' and 'pages' are a perfect match.
Both import/export word and excel files.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Can you import formulated excel sheets? To numbers? I got the quick office app because it's an all in one app, rather than getting 3 separate apps for office. I wish apple just made a office all in one app rather than 3 separate apps

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can you import formulated excel sheets? To numbers?

Could you please tell me what you mean with formulated excel sheets? Sheets with formulas?
That will depend on the kind of formula. As far as I know numbers can only cope with a limited set of excel formulas.

Hope this helps.

Knut

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
Could you please tell me what you mean with formulated excel sheets? Sheets with formulas?
That will depend on the kind of formula. As far as I know numbers can only cope with a limited set of excel formulas.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Simple formulas from excel spread sheets. Summation etc, basic functions nothing to complicated.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Simple formulas, basic ones shouldn't be a problem for numbers.
But if you want to be on the safe side send me your most complex sheet with dummy numbers and I will try.

Knut

joanweston2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what I need to do, the two Apple apps 'numbers' and 'pages' are a perfect match.

Hope this helps.

Knut

From another newbee - will pages & numbers open MS Office attachments in e-mails?

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

You tap on the attachment and a window pops up and says 'open in' and you can choose numbers or pages.

So the answer to your question is: Yes, numbers and pages will open MS Office attachments in mails.

Knut

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty much all office apps do this, even the worst office apps. I still haven't broken down to buy pages numbers ect. Still giving this quick office a shot. But I'm lacking the ability to view 2 documents side by side and quick office HD is lacking spell check :(

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only issue that I have found insurmountable with Numbers and Pages is that I cannot easily sync with either Dropbox or Google Docs. For that reason, I am sticking with DocsToGo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
For numbers and pages and keynote:
To sync with dropbox you can try DropDav.com.
Or you can use iCloud. There is a PC application available which you can use.

Knut

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:
For numbers and pages and keynote:
To sync with dropbox you can try DropDav.com.
Or you can use iCloud. There is a PC application available which you can use.

Knut

Seems like one has to pay a monthly fee for dropdav. Apple needs to make syncing a lot better for Dropbox Evernote ect. One should not have to pay extra to access their office docs from third party apps.

nataliejanelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kricke said:

Hope this helps.

Knut

Please Help!!!! I'm new to the IPad community. I need help with getting the best app to download my Word Doc. Thank you so much!

Most reactions

Latest posts