What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best App for taking notes under a specific category?

Trudijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I've had my iPad for a few weeks and have a few questions - but I'll start with this.

I have subjects in chronological order (ie. Account, Banking, Computers......etc.). Under each category, I had been taking notes if I find them useful and type them under the category that I created. One of my categories is "Passwords" where I have listed just about all the passwords I use for different sites.

At first, I used my "notebook" on the iPad to create the CATEGORY on each page. Then I E-mailed the info I wrote underneath so that I could copy/paste it underneath the appropriate Category. It worked. I had about 25 Categories and all my current notes. Today, I came across some computer info I wanted to add under computer stuff and for the first time I used my iPad to create additional notes. I don't know what happened, but it seems that I have deleted all my categories in the notebook except one. I may have touched the wrong thing - I just don't know. So - if I use my notebook, I will just have to do this project all over again and transfer it from my desktop.

My question is - is there a better "App" for something like this? in productivity. Category --- note taking. Nothing complicated. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Trudijane

Fee Fi Fo Fum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Trudijane.
For note taking i did a lot research a few months back, and the following trad will help you on that, i just posted my impressions after a few weeks testing some apps for that purpose.
http://www.ipadforums.net/productivity-apps-forum/2037-best-note-taking-app-ipad.html

For the part regarding passcodes and related itens i use 1Password on all my idevices, and is great, synching between devices keep the data up to date in all of them.
Hope that helps.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trudijane said:
Hi,
I've had my iPad for a few weeks and have a few questions - but I'll start with this.

I have subjects in chronological order (ie. Account, Banking, Computers......etc.). Under each category, I had been taking notes if I find them useful and type them under the category that I created. One of my categories is "Passwords" where I have listed just about all the passwords I use for different sites.

At first, I used my "notebook" on the iPad to create the CATEGORY on each page. Then I E-mailed the info I wrote underneath so that I could copy/paste it underneath the appropriate Category. It worked. I had about 25 Categories and all my current notes. Today, I came across some computer info I wanted to add under computer stuff and for the first time I used my iPad to create additional notes. I don't know what happened, but it seems that I have deleted all my categories in the notebook except one. I may have touched the wrong thing - I just don't know. So - if I use my notebook, I will just have to do this project all over again and transfer it from my desktop.

My question is - is there a better "App" for something like this? in productivity. Category --- note taking. Nothing complicated. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Trudijane

Sounds like you need an app to store passwords and notes?
I use DataVault, it has categories pre built in and you can add your own, it has backup features, what you needed before you lost your "notes".
Further you can lock your app with passwords , in case the iPad falls into the wrong hands.

Most reactions

Latest posts