What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for PC remote desktop?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of power use I still stick with iTeleport. It can be off the local network through their connection program on the PC. All you need other wise is a VNC server. The interface itself is smooth and highly responsive... Even if the network stability isn't. It has nots of extra controls for function and modifier keys.

I use Splashtop to stream video and audio. Good for watching Hulu I the living room or in the kitchen. I have begun using everyAir to see if it will be the answer to the "flash" issue for at my work. EveryAir is still in its youth and under development.

Dfainher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for an app which I can access my NAS with
Leaving your pc on for numereous tasks really isn't of todays world imo

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologize in advance as I did NOT read entire thread - but maybe someone has a quick answer - do and of these apps allow or prohibit the use of firm specific proprietary software? I use software on my office computer that only people at my firm have access to and can use - I couldn’t even get it on my home computer if I wanted to. Would you be able to access ANYTHING on the computer you were remoting into? Thanks you in advance for your answer/guidance.

pusik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
teamViewer help

I have downloaded TV app to my iPad2 and installed TV on my iMac. I have connected from iPad to iMac, but the problem was that I had to read the partner's ID and password on iMac first and to type it into the iPad to get connected. I want to access my iMac remotely from my iPad when I am away. What kind of setup should I do on the iMac to enable that?
Sounds like a stupid question even when I read it, sorry

Thanks for your help

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologize in advance as I did NOT read entire thread - but maybe someone has a quick answer - do and of these apps allow or prohibit the use of firm specific proprietary software? I use software on my office computer that only people at my firm have access to and can use - I couldn’t even get it on my home computer if I wanted to. Would you be able to access ANYTHING on the computer you were remoting into? Thanks you in advance for your answer/guidance.

I'm with this guy I would like to access anything on the computer as well, what app can I use to do that please do elaborate. And I have another question as well, can I remotely connect to two different computers? For example my work computer and my home computer?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adam, it is possible for software developers to prevent an application from running when a computer is being controlled remotely, but it's not common. We have a building monitoring security system and it will not run if you connect to the computer it is installed on via Remote Desktop protocol or VNC. That is the only application I've encountered that would not work.

I use Jump Desktop to control my office pc (and about 30 different servers) via a VPN connection to my office network. I've run everything from Backup Exec and MSWord to AutoCAD in that way.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have another question i'm going to be running Splashtop on windows XP i'm told that there will be no sound :( is this true? Is there anything I can do to work my way around this? Is there another app I should use instead of Splashtop?

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Teamviewer app can keep the same ID and password. I'd like to make it something easy but so far I have had to use the ones that it sent me and it changed it once. thanks

Reaction score
On the app look in " partners" at the bottom of the startup page. Mine saved there.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions