1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best app for clearing memory/running programs?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by kdog2013, Mar 13, 2013.

1. kdog2013

kdog2013 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you tell I'm still a noob? :) Anyway I'd like a nice utility that will allow me to clear memory and proggies running in the background to free up the system. I'm browsing the store of course but still would like suggestions. Thank you.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,670 / 0
    While clearing memory is really not necessary (Apple has designed the iPad to take care of itself in that aspect), there is really no app you can get for a stock iPad that will allow you to close apps and clear memory in one go.

The best you can do, again with a stock iPad, is to double click the Home button (or do the four-finger swipe up gesture) to reveal the multitask bar. Then, if you press and hold any icons that in that bar, they will start to wiggle and you will see a minus sign in the upper left. Pressing the minus sign will fully close the app; rinse and repeat for every other app showing in that bar, should you wish. This is the only way to fully close apps on a stock iPad.

Now, if you we're to jail break that iPad, then there are tweaks you can get (free or paid) that will allow you to do these steps with one press of a button. Again, however, that is only on a jail broken device.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn