What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best App EVER! Notetaking, drawing, brainstorming

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all, just found Paper by 53 and WOW is all I can say. It is an incredible app. I've tried numerous note apps for so many reason, personal, professional, journaling, etc. and they all have some good points, some bad points, etc. But I just read about Paper by 53 last night and in 30 seconds I was sold and bought the app for $7.99. You don't have to buy all the features, but believe me you should. I used this all last night and this morning to create notes, plan out a meeting for Monday and draw and I am in no way shape or form an artist, but I feel like one if I want to and it makes your writing look gorgeous even if you don't have good handwriting. I HIGHLY recommend trying this for free and see what you think. I have no connection with the company at all. Just passing along a good thing!

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. Magnificent app. I bought the full version based on the amount of feedback the developers are collecting for future updates. I'm hoping for brush size and opacity settings.

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this app when it first was released and very soon after purchased all of the brushes. Amazing app! I have to agree its probably one of the best.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well gosh guys...i got this app and got pissed about them charging for the brushes...what's that about? So I just quit using it.

So show us some examples of what it is so magnificent! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
(sigh) Been watching this app explode over the last week, and resisting, hoping someone would expose it as an overblown same-o-same-o; that I'd not be buying yet another drawing app.

Woe is me. Seems I'm doomed to give it a try. ;)

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am completely obsessed with it! It is so easy to use and see what you have on each page and make sense of your notes. You can write, draw, etc. and then email your thoughts to yourself or others. It's just brilliantly done. I do wish you can email an entire book however, instead of a page at a time. Unless I'm missing something... anyone know if that's possible? Anyway, I used it all day and just love it. Beats all the other note taking apps in my opinion. Simple but powerful.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I like it so far. Just about the right balance between function and simplicity. Lets you doodle or sketch quick ideas (and make them pretty) without getting bogged down in menus and options.

I'll have to play with it a few more days to decide if I'll actually use it. But if it hits the sweet spot for a person, I don't think the $7.99 price tag for all brushes is excessive.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
twerppoet said:
(sigh) Been watching this app explode over the last week, and resisting, hoping someone would expose it as an overblown same-o-same-o; that I'd not be buying yet another drawing app.

Woe is me. Seems I'm doomed to give it a try. ;)

Did give it a try and I have to agree to OP that it is definitely a great app!
Give up your resistence!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only have the original and watercolor brush. Haven't decided if I need other brushes and whether I'll use it instead of apps like Noteshelf. I like my Jot stylus with it. I don't find the need to sketch/draw, usually use photos to illustrate something so am not sure if it can meet my needs for a note app. Its more a fun app for me.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm liking it, but probably won't use it for notes. Just for doodling and maybe quick concept sketches. I splurged and got the full package. I use the included pen and the water color brush (because it's cool) the most, but the sketch pencil is also useful.

The other two brushes are more practical for taking written notes, and I prefer to type for that kind of thing.

Erase works very well. the size of the erase depends on how fast your brush. Fast takes out big broad stokes for quick erasing. Slow is precise for cleaning up details.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up buying all the brushes too and did a few sketches this morning. I haven't done any journaling with sketches for years but still have my old paper journals. Maybe this will revive that a bit altho' most of my old sketches were done for designs for my textile art. I find I use Noteshelf a lot with my photos, text and handwriting so will have to change my thinking a bit.

I'm liking it, but probably won't use it for notes. Just for doodling and maybe quick concept sketches. I splurged and got the full package. I use the included pen and the water color brush (because it's cool) the most, but the sketch pencil is also useful.

The other two brushes are more practical for taking written notes, and I prefer to type for that kind of thing.

Erase works very well. the size of the erase depends on how fast your brush. Fast takes out big broad stokes for quick erasing. Slow is precise for cleaning up details.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Inserting photos and typing text would be a great upgrade - anyway, I do love this app and use it quite more than expected...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts