What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best alternate browser? Safari a little weak

Drycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabs, maybe dual windows, etc whatever. Just something fast, definately clean and stable, with features.

Top 2 choices?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic. Single window, but has tabbed browsing. Also, it can make websites think you are using one of the Safaru browsers, Firefox or IE6, 7 or 8.

For multi-screens, I just downloaded Side by Side. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but you can have up to four open browser screens simultaneously.

OP
D

Drycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does split screen have tabs? Whats the point of making my internet think im using different browsers?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, It does not have tabs feature.

Downloads HD Is a stable and fast browser with many great features yet still with a clean look and with TABS.

Last edited:

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
stormrage.bol.ucla.edu
1991-C4: Thank you so much for recommending Side by Side :)

Drycat: I am the developer of Side by Side. It is a split screen app with web browsers, notes and file viewers. Other than opening 4 windows together, the browser in Side by Side has several features that some of the other browsers did not have:

1. File downloading.
2. Search bookmarks
3. Convert a webpage into text mode. This is helpful when you are reading an article in a website that is not optimized for a mobile device.
4. Batch download mode. This allows you to download a link with just one tap, so that you can quickly get a lot of webpages for offline reading.
5. Easily resize each split screen.
6. A start page with many useful links, e.g. some web apps and web games.

Please let me know if you want to know more information about this app. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts