What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benefits of having the new ipad versus 2

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
eBay is averaging $285 for my model. Not sure if it is worth selling at that price.

I don't think so. Especially If you paid 829.99 for it.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
Thankfully my iPad 2 is $500 model.

Not bad!! U can add 500.00 to get the 64 GB if you choose.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

L

Lunar

Yes the screen is obviously improved, much sharper and certainly easier to read text, but possibly not like WOW... i've gotta buy this, on films its not a massive improvement, buy very noticable on text AIS.

One of the things I was pleased to note, was how much faster web pages loaded compared to my iPad 1 (my wife now uses this) when comparing the 2 models, the iPad3 had loaded the page while the progress bar in Safari was only halfway across on the iPad1, so that really was nice to see, though it's possible that the iPad2 already has faster web browsing than the iPad1 anyway. I also think the sound is better that my Ipad1, but again the iPad2 has similar design to the new one so that may well be the same too.

So I suppose it's really down to the screen, as other differences would not be so great if moving up from an iPad2. In my case I wanted a second iPad so my wife could have my iPad 1 64/3g model, which sorta gave me the reason I needed to buy the 3, plus being a pensioner, I likely have more money than sense..lol.

Personally, if one has a iPad2 and it does the job, I don't think I'd be rushing to get the iPad3, unless you have a genuine reason or can get a decent price for your iPad2, and most importantly of course, without it impacting one's finances too much. When I was queueing last Friday for mine, I was surprised how many young people were buying their iPads on easy payment finance, but thats their choice of course. I'm 68 so I suppose if one doesn't have any money at my age, your'll likely never have any..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar said:
Yes the screen is obviously improved, much sharper and certainly easier to read text, but possibly not like WOW... i've gotta buy this, on films its not a massive improvement, buy very noticable on text AIS.

Well ya, videos are going to look pretty similar because of the videos, not screen.
People are saying that to get the best effect right now is to rip blue ray movies with that quality to tell.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
eBay is averaging $285 for my model. Not sure if it is worth selling at that price.

Yeah, that means non 3G versions will even less. I'm not gonna give the thing away. I'm content with mine anyways so no loss here.

L

Lunar

I have infact ripped 2 blurays, and of course the quality is much better, but I doubt I will be ripping too many due to the obviously large increase in file size, file size on a 2hr blueray rip was around 3.5gb, when it would be about 1gb for a normal 2hr dvd rip. So though the pic quality is definately better I don't think the increased quality is worth an increase of 2.5 gb in file size, though I'll keep these 2 Blu-ray rips installed for times when I want showoff how good they can look on these iPad3's :)

Most reactions

Latest posts