What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belkin snap shield--broken corner

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had this rear cover for only a couple of weeks and just noticed a chipped/broken corner! I know that I didn't bang it and my IPad rarely leaves my living room. The cover snaps on very tight and this makes me wonder if this is some kind of stress fracture. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Disappointing considering the cost compared to other covers of this type.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, I figured they would just say I banged it on something but maybe I'll try. Thanks for the suggestion.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hell, I would. Not sure what you paid for it, but if you indeed only had this for a few weeks ~ so not okay. Be nice!

Let's see just what kind of company they are.:D

ceb72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Mailed it back and had a replacement within a week.
You have to get a RMA from a warranty replacement on the website.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I got an rma online and sent the broken one back to them. They sent me a new one a week or so later. But, now I have no need for it! I much prefer my SlickWrap leather back cover. Not sure what I'll do with the Belkin now. At least they made good on the item. I wonder if the material is different now?

Wilmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Can you me help me i want to get a rma but i dont how. I have been trying to get one but cant. thanks

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to Belkin web site, support, warranties, "request a replacement". Fill out the form and they send you an rma as I recall. It was a while ago for me.

pda1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen too many of them broken. It's a good idea but just wish it were more durable.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 and never put the replacement on at all. I prefer the look and feel of my real leather Slickwrap cover. Anyone want to make an offer for a brand new smoke colored Belkin iPad 2 cover?

Most reactions

Latest posts