What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

beige Rabbit ???

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im 70 miles from my sister that bought a ipad and has no idea what she bought much less how to start it up so she calls me and asks me if I will walk her through it.
Im not the most computer literate soul you will meet and neither is she I have no idea what this girl bought Im assuming a ipad4 because she said the sales lady said it was the latest.
Anyway she is asking me things that I have never seen over the phone no less, and she is stuck at Beige Rabbit that's as far as she got.
Can someone please tell me how to reset the ipad and provide startup directions, I would sure appreciate it.
thanks...............jstout

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you've sure got me confused! I have never heard of "Beige Rabbit." Is that a game?

Regardless, you can restart or reset the iPad; you won't lose any data. To do:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Or...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
J

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, she has me confused too, I guess I will make the drive and see what she is doing, thanks for the info.
I thought thats how it would reset, because thats the way I do my ipad2, anyway when she resets it does take her back to the options of Beige rabbit/ beige rabbit guest/ or other ?
I asssume its in the sign on mode and she needs to enter a password in other ?
thanks.........jstout

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some sort of colloquialism??

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jstout said:
Yes, she has me confused too, I guess I will make the drive and see what she is doing, thanks for the info.
I thought thats how it would reset, because thats the way I do my ipad2, anyway when she resets it does take her back to the options of Beige rabbit/ beige rabbit guest/ or other ?
I asssume its in the sign on mode and she needs to enter a password in other ?
thanks.........jstout

She wouldn't by any chance mean the Apple logo, would she?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad was bought new, I'd have her call Apple for free support for 90 days. Better results from people who can stay on the phone with her and know how iPads work, rather than have you blindly steering her.

OP
J

jstout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad was bought new, I'd have her call Apple for free support for 90 days. Better results from people who can stay on the phone with her and know how iPads work, rather than have you blindly steering her.

Good idea, any contact info you care to share ?
thanks...............jstout

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If she goes back to the store, they will set it up for her. She can watch and learn. Might need to make an appointment online, however

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
She wouldn't by any chance mean the Apple logo, would she?

I thought about that as well lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the weirdest threads I've seen since I came to this forum. :eek:

If the Apple logo looks like a rabbit I think someone needs to get some fresh air. :p

Last edited:

Most reactions