What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginners questions about docks and audio

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
New to the Apple world and I have a few questions about the iPad2 (guess it also applies to the first iPad). Sorry for starting my membership in this forum with a bunch of questions :)

1. I would like to have a dock where I can charge the iPad that also has audio output so that I can connect it to my stereo. Looks like there aren't many docks capable of doing this, especially not for the iPad2?

2. I heard something that apps like Spotify aren't allowed to send the audio through the 30-pin connector, is that really true? if so, I still need the 3.5 mm stereo plug connected to the iPad and then to the stereo?

OP
Laban

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 dock has a 3.5mm line out socket :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

WHAT! :)
Can't belive I missed that. Thank you!

But still, I whish there would be a black dock, would look better. But at least now I know there is one dock that will solve my problems.

How about Spotify, will that work when the iPad is in the dock?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:
WHAT! :)
Can't belive I missed that. Thank you!

But still, I whish there would be a black dock, would look better. But at least now I know there is one dock that will solve my problems.

How about Spotify, will that work when the iPad is in the dock?

Glad I helped with one of your problems :)

I am new to Apple myself so I can't help with Spotify, but i am sure someone else will ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Laban

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Spotify users here? :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Most reactions

Latest posts